iPhone clone help - running Ice Cream Sandwich

Sarah Menzies

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Just bought a cheap iphone 5 knockoff that runs ICS. Seemed like a good idea at the time and overall I'm actually quite happy with. However I have discovered one issue that's a little annoying. Since this is a clone it actually looks a lot like an iphone, right down to having just that one main button at the bottom. Therefore I don't have a dedicated settings button (I can go back a screen with one press of the home button and a long press takes me to the home screen). So when I'm in an app and want to access the settings I can't (like in my email app when I originally set it up I said I wanted notification for new mail and now realize I don't.) There is no onscreen settings button (ie those 3 dots.).

So what'd I like to know is if there's an app out there that will let me see all my programs and access their settings without having to go into the app or something similar.

Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Just bought a cheap iphone 5 knockoff that runs ICS. Seemed like a good idea at the time and overall I'm actually quite happy with. However I have discovered one issue that's a little annoying. Since this is a clone it actually looks a lot like an iphone, right down to having just that one main button at the bottom. Therefore I don't have a dedicated settings button (I can go back a screen with one press of the home button and a long press takes me to the home screen). So when I'm in an app and want to access the settings I can't (like in my email app when I originally set it up I said I wanted notification for new mail and now realize I don't.) There is no onscreen settings button (ie those 3 dots.).

So what'd I like to know is if there's an app out there that will let me see all my programs and access their settings without having to go into the app or something similar.

Thanks.

Did you root it?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Sarah Menzies

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
rooted and installed soft keys and that works. Not entirely sure how this program is all suppose to work but I figured it out enough to get it into settings. Thank you so very, very much.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
rooted and installed soft keys and that works. Not entirely sure how this program is all suppose to work but I figured it out enough to get it into settings. Thank you so very, very much.

Oh awesome. Glad that worked. What did you use to root for anyone that has the same device.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
But if you are an iPhone lover, is it the hardware you love or the iOS/ecosystem? Seems to me what iPhone lovers love is how idiot-proof an iPhone is. If OP can root, she ain't no idiot.
the iclones look and run just like the Iphone the only way you can tell the difference is it doesnt have Siri built in and the hardware is pretty damn close, i have seen one and i couldnt tell the difference between the real and fake one.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
the iclones look and run just like the Iphone the only way you can tell the difference is it doesnt have Siri built in and the hardware is pretty damn close, i have seen one and i couldnt tell the difference between the real and fake one.
Even though it is running ICS?