Alcatel OT-997D, phone&people apps disappeared

darkbasic92

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello friends, I got my android phone about 3 days ago and I have already managed to ruin something. For some reason after a call, the "phone" application got stuck and in order to reset it i tried to force stop and disable it a few times, to no avail. I ended up taking out the battery and reinserting it to restart the phone and have it in working order. However for some reason, the people and phoneapplications are gone. They aren't just gone from the list, it's like they are actually uninstalled. I see my sms messages where I see some notifications by my provider for missed calls, and I try to call the numbers and nothing actually happens. The dialer is gone and so is the contacts manager.

I have no way of actually adding contacts at the moment. I downloaded a dialer through the play store and now my phone is working, I can phone already existing contacts and dial numbers, but the contacts app is totally gone and from what I can see, irreplaceable. I installed a few apps, but from what it seems its just a different gui but they still use the same "base" app which is the default contacts app.

So I'm wondering, does anyone know of any way to actually restore these apps? I guess I need to find them in .apk somewhere by someone who still has them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781