newbie here just bought a samsung galaxy s2 :)!!

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
hey all im new to this ive just boaght my self a Samsung Galaxy S2 and need help updating it im currently running 2.3.5 please help thank you =]

kind regards

Dean:)

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
download kies to your computer install and connect by usb to your computer and it will check your phone and install available updates

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
so what do i do now?????

Hey, welcome to the forums!

First off, you can try to find the stock ROM file for your phone and then flash it via ODIN. ODIN is an interface between phones and PCs.
Kies is not so wonderful at updating stock OS. I have seen people posting both successes and failures using Kies.
If you want to see instructional videos, check out QBKing77 on YouTube. The phones are US Carrier specific, so the files will be useless to you (Except if he has a link to ODIN), but the procedures are pretty universal.

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Sorry...hit post before I was really ready.

To find your region, when you go to that site, you can press on the link INSTRUCTIONS in blue, and that will show you what you need to do in Kies.

when i connect my device to keis it says there is an update so i click update it downloads the file but when it gose to start software update a little box comes up saying cancle :S

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
when i connect my device to keis it says there is an update so i click update it downloads the file but when it gose to start software update a little box comes up saying cancle :S

Alright...when you connect your device, it should say your current firmware version. There should be a 3 letter code at the end. You need to write that down. That code is what you look for in the link I provided.

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Alright...when you connect your device, it should say your current firmware version. There should be a 3 letter code at the end. You need to write that down. That code is what you look for in the link I provided.

right m8 ive found my code h3g :) what do i do now?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
yeah ive found my code what do i do now? :)

Hang on....there shouldn't be a number in it. I provided the link to show an example. The code you found is not the code I am looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Plug the device back into Kies, and where it says current firmware version at the end is what I am looking for.

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hang on....there shouldn't be a number in it. I provided the link to show an example. The code you found is not the code I am looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Plug the device back into Kies, and where it says current firmware version at the end is what I am looking for.

yes the code in brackets its says (H3G)