Always-on screensaver clock wanted. Daydream in ICS?

kevinherring

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Background
I have an O2 Joggler with ICS 4.04 installed. For those that don't know, the Joggler is a sort of atom-powered smart picture frame. A number of different OSs can be installed on it and It is commonly used as a controller for Squeezebox (with an Ubuntu-based OS). It has no battery and is always plugged into the mains (so battery life is not an issue) and the screen is always on.

I have two requirements for the ICS-powered Joggler:
1. A Sonos remote control
2. A full-screen clock that is activated automatically after a period of inactivity (e.g. 30 seconds).

The first works fine now (thanks to the Houdini libraries) but I am struggling with the second.

My Question
What I would basically like to do is replicate the JB daydream functionality in ICS. (I also have a Nexus 7 and the daydream functionality works exactly as I need). To get back to the Sonos app, I just want to tap the screen (not slide to unlock).

I have tried WidgetLocker, Daydream, ClockPlus DayDream but none offer quite the same functionality that I am after. I just want a clock screensaver that has a big enough font that is readable across the room. The trouble is, most are designed with battery-powered devices that go in your pocket and must be unlocked, not always-on devices that sit on a shelf.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Kevin

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty