Android not displaying SMS notifications until screen unlocked

mouscribble

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey there. I've been having a problem with my phone for the past month where, if the screen goes black, I stop receiving notifications altogether shortly after. The time it takes seems random, as it can take anywhere from five minutes to over thirty for it to stop notifying me, but it seems to be getting progressively worse. When I turn the screen on, the text messages will flood in with the time stamp of not when it was sent, but when I turned the screen on and the messages will duplicate two to five times. Sometimes I'll receive the message again a minute after I've had the screen on with the same time stamp. Once I re-received a message I missed due to this issue almost three days later again.

I also don't now for sure, but I might not be receiving calls, either. I'm being told I've been called several times, but my phone won't ring and nothing displays in the call log, but I can't tell for sure if this is true, or even a problem occurring with my phone. This is my first smartphone so I'm not sure what to look for or how to handle this issue, but my work depends on me knowing when I receive a message.

My phone's been carrier unlocked and rooted (Superuser) with help, and updated to the latest firmware. The problem didn't start until long after these changes were done, so I doubt it's the cause. I've double-checked all of my notification settings and performed a factory reset once to see if it'd help, but it's still happening. What should I do?

Phone: Samsung Captivate Glide (former AT&T)
Apps currently installed (besides factory applications): Superuser, Contacts+, Messages+, Advanced Mobile Care, AccuWeather.

Edit: Now it's not even playing any notification sounds and will stop receiving texts the moment the screen goes black. It's not in silent mode, everything's set to go off in the settings menu, but nothing's happening except the popup window. Every other sound works including the sent message and system sounds. Just no sound when I receive a text anymore...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc