How do I get back Mass Storage?

timmymcg

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, first time poster here. I've tried various tech support and they didn't help at all so I figured I'd ask the real experts lol. So here goes, got a samsung centura on Tuesday, I turned it on and it upgraded to 4.0.4. I plug my usb into my ps3, pc, and it gives me some option for ftp and PTP. What happened to simple mass storage and how do I get it back?? Can I revert to an old os? I've downloaded usb mass storage, usb enable, usb toggle, i've rooted the phone with poot and then it says its enable but still doesn't show up. I mainly copy to my ps3, and ive been doing it since droid one with zero issue. Its the whole reason I love droid, really. What do I have to do? Can I fix it?? If it cant do mass storage at all I'm going to try to pawn asap. Its useless to me without it really. I've downloaded so much crap, and read so many posts, I just need an answer. Thanks in advance

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: galaxy 4.0.4. questions somebody please help me

Welcome to Android Central! The "USB Mass Storage" or "USB Disk Drive" connection option has mostly been abandoned, primarily because of how Android memory is partitioned these days (for more info, see this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html).

MTP and PTP don't give you access to the entire directory structure. If you'd like that functionality, you could try a wi-fi solution like Wi-fi File Explorer or Airdroid.

timmymcg

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: galaxy 4.0.4. questions somebody please help me

Actually, i managed to get access to my external sd card on ps3 by getting easyums. Now if i could find a way to get access to the internal sd, id be set. Thanks for the info tho, i didnt realize why they removed it.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon