Google Account Help on Astro Queo

kristynrenee

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a cheap little Astro Queo A711 Android tablet for my kids to be able to play around on without hurting mine. It's got Android 4.0.4 on it and came stock with Gmail and the Amazon Appstore, along with some random other bloatware. I cannot find any support websites or phone numbers for the manufacturer's of the silly thing. When trying to sync it with my personal Google account (on which I have already purchased some games for the kids) I get the error message "A problem occurred while communicating with Google servers. Please try again later." All of my personal devices (running Kit Kat) have no problem communicating with Google servers. Any help would be appreciated.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you can get the tablet to sync, unfortunately, because it's not a Google play compatible tablet.

You might be able to install gmail, if that app can be side loaded (not sure, really), but this isn't going to work like your KitKat device because it isn't really licensed with Google. The Amazon app store preinstalled, and the lack of Google Play apps is an indicator of that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2