Ringtone will not copy into System Ringtone folder.

bbqbrisket

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
This ringtone works when it's taken from the SD card to contacts but it disappears regularly because it's not in the system folder "ringtones".
I have moved over several to system and they take it fine but for some reason this one does not.
I have reduced the size several times from 235kb down to 71kb. Even changed it from MP3 to OGG. All the sizes and formats work again but not will not paste over to system.

If any of you can try this one and tell me what the problem is, I would appreciate it.

Tried to upload the ringtones here but site doesn't seem to accept audio. So, if you can help, let me know and I can send you the ringtone.

Thanks

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
This ringtone works when it's taken from the SD card to contacts but it disappears regularly because it's not in the system folder "ringtones".
I have moved over several to system and they take it fine but for some reason this one does not.
I have reduced the size several times from 235kb down to 71kb. Even changed it from MP3 to OGG. All the sizes and formats work again but not will not paste over to system.

If any of you can try this one and tell me what the problem is, I would appreciate it.

Tried to upload the ringtones here but site doesn't seem to accept audio. So, if you can help, let me know and I can send you the ringtone.

Thanks

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-lg-g2/334924-ringtones.html#post3246407

bbqbrisket

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I think you got it. Never thought to have a specific folder that says "Ringtones" on my SD card....You're right; it finds it with that folder name.
Hope it holds like the others that I was able to successfully copy over to System.
The real curious question is why it will not "copy" into "System/Media/Ringtones" ??

thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith