How do I remove ICE - Emergency Contacts group?

pzandstra

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Remove "ICE - Emergency Contacts" group

"ICE Emergency Contacts" appears to be greyed out from deletion in "edit groups". I really want it gone because I can remember 911 myself and where it is located at top of all my contacts my "fat finger" fumbles on the phone cause it to dial emergency services about 4x per week. Does anyone have some tricks to make this possible? Help!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Remove "ICE - Emergency Contacts" group

"ICE Emergency Contacts" appears to be greyed out from deletion in "edit groups". I really want it gone because I can remember 911 myself and where it is located at top of all my contacts my "fat finger" fumbles on the phone cause it to dial emergency services about 4x per week. Does anyone have some tricks to make this possible? Help!!
Not sure that you can do that. Though, have you thought of creating shortcuts to your frequently called contacts so that you don't have to open the dialer app as often?

Do so by creating a widget on the home screen and creating a folder with your most called contacts. Let us know if that is an acceptable workaround.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Or try a different Contacts app, like Go, and see if it can delete the group.

zx42

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site

Not sure that you can do that. Though, have you thought of creating shortcuts to your frequently called contacts so that you don't have to open the dialer app as often?

Do so by creating a widget on the home screen and creating a folder with your most called contacts. Let us know if that is an acceptable workaround.

You're trolling right?

Edit:
Apparently not.

You can either hack your phone, or go with a non-android.

Personally I think Google's run its course. I'm going to get a real phone, a real browser, go to a real search engine, and finally get back to enjoying technology.

Ciao folks

Last edited:

jmartiasdf

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

I just got off the phone with Sprint technical support, and they stated "sorry" there is nothing they can about this since the Marshmellow update. I'm really considering switching carriers asap to one that will allow me to customize my phone. This in your face feature is fine for those who want it, but not even allowing to move the "ICE-Group" to the bottom of my contact list is unacceptable.

ml66uk

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
You may well be able to remember 911 yourself, but that isn't what "ICE Emergency Contacts" is for. It's so that the emergency services know who to contact if you're in trouble.