Unknown Error code during application install: "-24" Help?

chadmd23

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Just installed JB, but a bunch of apps didn't restore (including Titanium Backup) and won't let me install from the Play Store. I can watch it download the app, but then it throws the error and won't install.

Anyone having this issue?

Tu2DMaN

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
re: Unknown Error code during application install: "-24" Help?

I also just flashed a Jelly Bean ROM, and everything seemed to be working fine, except when I tried to restore Pure Calendar Widget from Titanium Backup, it froze. I figured I'd try to install it from the market, then bam, that's when I got the unknown error -24. It was only with that one app, and everything else works fine :-\

efdisaster

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Same deal, I'm on Jelly Belly (3.9) and this is the first time I've attempted to restore using app2zip. It seems to affect my paid apps

mchype

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I JUST experienced this problem. I have run ICS (stock, rooted), and then moved to Vicious Jelly Bean (all versions, no issues), and I've even done Vicious CM10 Unofficial V1, no issues; but I just installed Vicious CM10 Unofficial V2 (Jelly Bean 4.1.1) and I just got this issue with trying to reinstall "Pocket - formerly Read It Later" ... but that's the ONLY app I've had this issue from.

Every other app was fine.

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

I got this issue with The Dark Knight Rises by Gameloft. Only difference is when I first bought the game it installed perfect and I played for days with no problems, then all of the sudden the game seemed to uninstall itself and I started getting the error. I am running vanirbean 5 and the game ran fine on the same ROM for a while.

fabiogasparri

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Have the same issue here when trying to install Google Maps from Google Play. Maybe there's something wrong when flashing JB on a device that has Titanium backup?
I tried wiping the cache but still get error -24. Any advice will be appreciated!

tlamaire54

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

The problem is you didn't do a factory reset. This will cure the problem. I had the same thing trying to install Kindle app. Now everything works fine.

Reactions: joshuacalebsmith

joshuacalebsmith

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

I just did a factory reset. That did the trick.
Loving JB on my Epic Touch! Thanks for the help. :D

hdeen

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

I had the same problem installing whatsapp. I tried removing the app entry from data/data/com.whatsapp. It worked! Try out
Cheers!!

m.laws90

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

I never once got this on 4.1.1 and now I got it on 4.1.2 lol. But I'm going to try the 2 solutions posted above and I should be fine.

ParanoidAndroid 2.21 on the AT&T HTC One X(One XL)

Manoj Tambe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

I am also having problem with installing Skype... This is happening when i upgraded my phone GB. please any body suggest.... :)

ZombieEmo

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
How do I dona factory reset on Samsung galaxy tab 2 0.7?

I had to uninstall minecraft PE and when I tried to reinstall it i got error 24

Last edited by a moderator:

the nexus miner

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
simply do a factory restart or completely shut down your device, it works every time

wait, so 4.1.2 doesn't have this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kailijiu

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

I was getting this error also and tried the deletion of the problem apps in data/data/com.----------- and it worked great.
If you have Rom Toolbox it is easy to get to these system files - and because Rom Toolbox has Superuser permission you can delete the files with no problem.

ChrisBoulet2

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Yes it is related to the factory reset thing. But if you are in the situation where you do not want to do it, then install a good file manager, give it root permission and browse to the /data/data folder and find the folder for the app. It was previously installed and the installer cannot replace it. Just delete the old folder, and install from the play store. You will be just fine.

have fun !

ChrisB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy