Google Now Sports Card

Loony2nz#AC

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
For the life of me, I can't get Google Now to show me my favorite sports teams. I have done nothing but searches (spoken and typed) and it still hasn't learned or shown me any sports teams that I follow.

Anyone have a suggestion?

thanks!

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
What teams/leagues?

I'm actively getting MLB stuff for the Astros (which I don't even care about, but whatever, lol), and MLS stuff for the Dynamo. Make sure your google web history isn't paused in chrome on your desktop, too.

Jimieo

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Web History enabled?

I noticed on the Google Now page found here, it says "Shown based on Web History for the sports card." If I understood that correctly, you will need to enable Web History. You can do so here.

I hope that works out for you.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
What teams/leagues?

I'm actively getting MLB stuff for the Astros (which I don't even care about, but whatever, lol), and MLS stuff for the Dynamo. Make sure your google web history isn't paused in chrome on your desktop, too.

Click on the three-dot menu button on the card - you can uncheck teams whose info you don't want to see.

mihirdshah1

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
It seems to only work for American Sports and Teams. I tried searching for Tennis and cricket scores and matches, but google now would not show any cards on these matches.

tberman333

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Try asking when your team is playing. I did that once for the Dodgers, and they were added to my card.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Thank you very much... that worked. Now I guess I just have to wait for each sport season to set up all my teams. I hope it works for college sports too!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mmace

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Any reason this doesn't work for sport outside the USA?
I know Google Now is for US only, but people in the US can follow sport outside their own country surely??

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't quite understand who/how/what made the choices they made for Google Now as far as sports go. 3 out of my city's 5 major pro teams show up

buckweet1980

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I had this same issue, web browsing was enabled only for searches initially. I then changed it to the full mode but that didn't help.

I ended up making sure full mode was enabled then i cleared the data on the google search app on the phone and set it up again. Everything is working now.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
This seems like a lot of work compared to just tapping ESPN ScoreCenter and seeing all my teams already right there, which also syncs across all my devices.

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Google Scoreboard is better than Google Now. I don't get why they can't let us pick teams like you would on Google Scoreboard.

kkrebsjr

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue until I enabled Web History using Google Dashboard (After which, I performed several voice searches). It did take a little while after that for the Google Now settings to take effect and for the card to appear.

mmace

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
OK, digging up an old(ish) post, just tried doing searches for rugby (I don't follow it but I know the season is on right now) and asked "what was the Leeds Rhino's score?" and also asked "When do Leeds Rhino's play next?"

still no sports teams in my settings!

oakraidr

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have tried to get a card to stay on the 'Now' screen. No luck. I have searches of : Athletics, what is the score of the A's game?, mlb score A's.
None of those searches are working to get a card on the page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae