Jelly Bean coming next week?

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I was reading through this article from ABCnews about the nexus ban and spotted this quote from google...

Google confirmed to ABC News that the Galaxy Nexus had been pulled from its Google Play store as a result of the judge?s decision, but said it would begin selling the device again next week running the latest version of Android ? Android 4.1, known as Jelly Bean. The updated version of Android would address the issues in dispute, Google said.

If Google resumes selling the nexus next week with 4.1, I am assuming the OTA will be pushed out sometime next week too? Hope my theory is right!!!...Full article below.

Google Confirms Galaxy Nexus Sales Stopped in Apple-Samsung Case, Fix Coming Next Week - ABC News

anon(186320)

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You sure that doesn't mean that Google will have their work-around OTA pushed to all the GSM Nexii they currently can't sell due to the ban? Because that's how it reads to me.

However, we are getting near the time Google said they'd drop source. They said 2-3 weeks at I/O, and next week would be #2.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
In the past, if a device shipped with a newer version of Software than what was currently available on the same device already deployed in the field, the already deployed devices were OTAed to the last version of the software.

So, in theory, if Google re-starts sales of the Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.1 on-board, the Galaxy Nexi already deployed would be OTAed to 4.1.

Again, that is how things have historically worked, but depending on many factors it is not a guarantee by any means.

Dan

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
It would be awesome if Google pushed out the Jelly Bean update instead. LOL.

Find opportunity in failure.

What a stick in Apple's eye that would be. Instead of dumbing down the phone, Google actually improves it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781