Can you sideload Flash onto JB?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey I have a question about JB. I know JB is "not compatible" with Flash, and if you go to the market it won't let you install Flash onto a phone with JB. But what if you try to sideload it? Anyone know?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I installed the app from the link above and I'm still not getting flash to play on Nexus 7. Any ideas?

I assume you try it in Chrome.... Flash wont work there :p Android don't have common HTML plugin system (which would be useful not only for Flash), so browser it self need to place flash in right place and Chrome don't do that.Try Firefox.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I installed the app from the link above and I'm still not getting flash to play on Nexus 7. Any ideas?

Yeah. What Shadowriver said.

You can sideload Flash onto JellyBean and it will work, but it won't work within chrome. So you'll have to use a different browser to view flash content (e.g. Firefox, Dolphin, etc)

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Put it in your phone using your computer, find where you put it using a file explorer, click on it.

Make sure allow third party apps is checked in security settings
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. What Shadowriver said.

You can sideload Flash onto JellyBean and it will work, but it won't work within chrome. So you'll have to use a different browser to view flash content (e.g. Firefox, Dolphin, etc)

Do you have to purchase a flash add-on, or how do you enable flash in Firefox?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome