[How To] Remove Predictive Text and Bring Back Punctuation

tiarosi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, rpeng58! I really appreciate your suggestion! You were very helpful! I've downloaded the keyboard app you suggested & it works great! I had major issues trying to compose a text mssg. since the update plus the punctuation bar issues.

Now, do you have a suggestion for an easy app that gives the time on how long a phone call lasted?? I used to be able to view it in the call log but that function disappeared with the update.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you or another used may have! Thanks in advance!

rpeng58

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi tiarosi, when I go into the standard call logger I can open the call log for a specific day and it shows the length of each call made.

Open the phone app and pick the day you want to check, then select the person you called. If you tap to open you should see something like the attached screenshot:

I'm not sure how accurate it is, I haven't tested it, but it should be fairly simple to do.

HTH

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364425577447.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364425577447.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 100

tiarosi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, repeng. That is how it used to be but no longer since the update and I miss that capability of knowing the length of my calls. It was also on my Evo before an update disabled that function, too. I don't mean to be picky, but on the GS3 the log lists the Contacts on the date called but not in one block for each number. Ex., Contact 1 & I spoke 3 times, Office once, Contact 1 again, Contact 2, Office again & so on in time order called not each contact in one block as above. It sounds confusing but I hope it makes sense. I don't know how to show a screen shot to better explain it. That's why I'd like an app to get that capability back.

Thanks in advance!

rpeng58

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi again tiarosi, I'm not using any call logger apps other than standard as you saw from the screen shot. A quick look on Google play shows some apps that could do what you want e.g. uploadfromtaptalk1364454291276.jpg
Good luck with your search. :)
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Hannah Toews

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I need help. I went under Language and Input, then looked under Keyboards and input methods, but I only have the options of "google voice typing" or "Samsung keyboard". Under neither of these cancels the "predict next word" option. Any ideas?

rpeng58

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi Hannah, sorry for the delay in responding. I have moved onto a different keyboard since the johntanmi and I highly recommend you give it a try - Swype. It's so much faster to use and very well written with plenty of options. Try downloading the beta version (free) and live with it for a while, I very much doubt you'll go back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app

marysuepro

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me as well.. all of a sudden, my punctuations were gone.. it turns out that my Samsung automatically updated to a google keyboard.. which stinks ( no offense) but I uninstalled it and got my old android keyboard back!! EASY FIX! Good luck :)

marysuepro

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me as well.. all of a sudden, my punctuations were gone.. it turns out that my Samsung automatically updated to a google keyboard.. which stinks ( no offense) but I uninstalled it and got my old android keyboard back!! EASY FIX! Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2