4.1 Text Selection/Highlight Bug? Please Comment

wolfgaze

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Asus Transformer Prime Tablet
JB 4.1
Keyboard Dock

Immediately afterdownloading the update I lost the ability to select & HIGHLIGHT text while using website text entry windows (forums, etc). I can select text but it no longer highlights so now I can't see exactly what characters I am selecting. This no longer works with the Shift + Arrow keys, nor with using the cursor/mouse. I tested this on multiple different websites to confirm it was not related to any specific site and it happens across the board.

Here's the weird thing, I can still select and highlight text within the browser URL search bar and also using apps like Supernotes. Why would the OS all of a sudden lose the ability to highlight text within normal text entry windows? Right now as I'm typing this in this window I cannot highlight any text. I can select text but I can't see what is being selected. Extremely frustrating.

Can anyone tell me if they are experiencing a similar issue or if this is a known bug? Any solutions or ideas? I have tinkered around with settings and to no avail.

Thanks for your help/input.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781