HTC DLX -vs HTC ONE X+ -vs- LG NEXUS -vs- LG OPTIMUS G -vs- SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2

jblack_10

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I am ecstatic to be joining the Android community at such an amazing time. I am leaving IOS (iPhone 4). However, I must say the Android device choices are driving me nuts. I was set on the G -Note 2. However, the recent info leaks for the LG Nexus and HTC DLX have made my decision far from certain. What devices are you out there in the Android community most excited about and why?

HTC DLX CONCEPT
HTC DLX Concept design-dlx.jpg

HTC ONE X+
HTC-One-X-Plus-amazing-camera.png

LG NEXUS
Lg Nexus vs iPhone 4S.jpg

LG OPTIMUS G
LG_Optimus G.jpg

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2
samsung-galaxy-note-2.jpg

Last edited:

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm excited for all of them. :D

But if I had to pick one, it would be the One X+. I'm a current One X owner, and the X+ is making me wish I waited a bit longer :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android!
Since you're looking for your first Android smartphone, I'd suggest you the following:

1) Decide you screen size.
The phones you listed are varying in their screen sizes. Since you're coming from the IPhone 4, 5.5 inches(GNote 2) and ~5 Inches( HTC DLX) might be too big for you. So goto your local store and check out the Note. See if it's appealing to you. Also check out the One X, cause the screen sizes of the X&X+ are same. Then decide on your screen size.
I personally prefer the 4.7 inch screen of my phone.

2) See the skin you want.
The Nexus is a pure Android experience,, while the Note runs the Nature UX and the X/X+/DLX run Sense. See online video reviews of all the skins and check them out at your store/friend's phone, etc to decide which one you like.
I personally prefer Sense.

3) Budget
Decide your tentative budget, and wait till all phones are released. Then you'll be in a better position to compare these phones.

4) Screen Technology
Almost same on all, the except DLX, which is rumored with a 440ppi display, killing all the 'Retina' devices.

5) Stylus.
It's a no brainer. If you want a stylus, go for the Note

6) Camera
HTC's phones run on Image Sense technology, giving them a slight edge. The LG Optimus G will get a 13MP camera in some markets. The Note has a camera:)p:D). Check out video samples on YouTube to help you decide.

So basically, wait for them to come out, and then decide, based on what I've posted.:D

Don't forget to press thanks if I helped you;)
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Well HTC definitely builds high quality phones with very stylish designs and from what I've seen the Onex+ is a beast. The note two is enticing but samsungs nature ux is extremely resource heavy after running several apps on my s3 without closing them I can tell you it starts to get sluggish, plus a screen that size would pull lots of battery. The optimus g looks pretty good too, its definitely LG'S current current flagship but lg is infamous for poor software( particularly their android builds in general ) however the hardware may help alleviate that plus their phones have exceptional physical build quality, not to mention they are the leading manufacturer of capacitative touchscreens. As for the nexus the only gripes I have with it is the non removable battery( making it a pain to fix if it freezes on you, unless you adb it ), and besides the glass contoured back it looks almost identical to the gnex.

Overall my pick would be the onex+, IMO HTC makes the best android phones I just wish they'd make another nexus and make it available on cdma/lte.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jblack_10

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the info. Some of the qualities that are important to me in my first Android device include:

-LTE

-Exceptional build quality

-A 4.7in or larger screen with a resolution of 720P or better. I prefer a 5 in or greater screen because I have large hands and the Note 1 was not too big for my hands. The rumored HTC DLX 1080P screen sounds insanely awesome.

-Great music listening experience through the loud speaker and headphones

-Quad core processor, 2GB of ram, and 32GB of memory or greater

-A device that is easy to root (If not a Nexus) because I dislike oem skins and prefer Vanilla Android to be on the device

-Timely OS updates

**I have definitively decided against the LG Optimus G at this point due to it shipping with old software and being too square looking for my tastes.

**I think the Nexus G is awesome but if it does not launch with 32 gb or LTE it will not meet my requirements.

** The HTC DLX sounds enticing because of HTC's reputation for beautiful devices and excellent build quality, 1080P screen, Beats audio, and more than likely a speaker with an amplifier just as in the One X+. I have also had HTC devices previously when they were making Windows mobile carrier branded devices (Cingular 8525). I am not fond of the non-removable battery b/c I would like to carry a spare. Though I do realize a non-removable battery makes for a more solidly built device, a fair trade-off I suppose. The one spec I do not like is the 1.5G of ram. This does not sit well with me but I don’t imagine it being missed much given the rumored specifications of the processor and gpu. I will absolutely not consider this device if it only comes to VZW. I am on AT&T with a grandfathered unlimited data plan.

**The Note 2 sounds like a beast with everything I want except great dedicated music qualities, though nothing a head phone amp can’t fix.

***Ultimately, I think I will wait for benchmarks for the HTC DLX and Note 2 to compare and make my final decision.

Thanks for all who have chimed in thus far. Keep the comments coming!!!

Last edited:

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the info. Some of the qualities that are important to me in my first Android device include:

-LTE

-Exceptional build quality

-A 4.7in or larger screen with a resolution of 720P or better. I prefer a 5 in or greater screen because I have large hands and the Note 1 was not too big for my hands. The rumored HTC DLX 1080P screen sounds insanely awesome.

-Great music listening experience through the loud speaker and headphones

-Quad core processor, 2GB of ram, and 32GB of memory or greater

-A device that is easy to root (If not a Nexus) because I dislike oem skins and prefer Vanilla Android to be on the device

-Timely OS updates

**I have definitively decided against the LG Optimus G at this point due to it shipping with old software and being too square looking for my tastes.

**I think the Nexus G is awesome but if it does not launch with 32 gb or LTE it will not meet my requirements.

** The HTC DLX sounds enticing because of HTC's reputation for beautiful devices and excellent build quality, 1080P screen, Beats audio, and more than likely a speaker with an amplifier just as in the One X+. I have also had HTC devices previously when they were making Windows mobile carrier branded devices (Cingular 8525). I am not fond of the non-removable battery b/c I would like to carry a spare. Though I do realize a non-removable battery makes for a more solidly built device, a fair trade-off I suppose. The one spec I do not like is the 1.5G of ram. This does not sit well with me but I don’t imagine it being missed much given the rumored specifications of the processor and gpu. I will absolutely not consider this device if it only comes to VZW. I am on AT&T with a grandfathered unlimited data plan.

**The Note 2 sounds like a beast with everything I want except great dedicated music qualities, though nothing a head phone amp can’t fix.

***Ultimately, I think I will wait for benchmarks for the HTC DLX and Note 2 to compare and make my final decision.

Thanks for all who have chimed in thus far. Keep the comments coming!!!

My opinion on the 2gb of ram. When you actually start using the phone. I'm sure the system would make it about 1.5 GB of ram. Just like a phone doesn't really have 32 GB of storage.. system files make it about 26-28gb.

If I was on at&t I'd def get the HTC 1x+

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
ASUS Padfone 2 - best Android phone on the market at the minute! :)

14981d1245688120-goalkeeper-vs-phalanx-holy_necroposting_batman.jpg

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hardly 'necroposting'...

But thanks for your contribution anyway - i'm sure the OP values it greatly.;)

Buddy, it's a dead thread from October, that is the definition of "necroposting" haha.

By the way, did you read the thread title? The ASUS Padfone 2 wasn't part of the discussion, and simply posting your opinion that it's the best phone on the market right now could hardly be considered contributing.

:)

pangster79

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I can tell that reading isn't your strong point as the OP specifically asked if there were any OTHER devices out there to get excited about..

In addition the OP asked for comments to keep on coming in his follow up post..

And it may well be my opinion - but its also backed up by facts in terms of benchmarks and technical spec where it pisses all over the LG, HTC and Nexus.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I can tell that reading isn't your strong point as the OP specifically asked if there were any OTHER devices out there to get excited about..

And it may well be my opinion - but its also backed up by facts in terms of benchmarks and technical spec where it pisses all over the LG, HTC and Nexus.

Intelligence may not be your strong suit, as you still went back over two months to a dead thread, hence my original post.

But! You tried. That's all anyone can ask for.

pangster79

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Intelligence may not be your strong suit, as you still went back over two months to a dead thread, hence my original post.

But! You tried. That's all anyone can ask for.

The thread came up in a search result - and I thought it would be worth contributing to it incase anyone else came across it in the future.. saves spamming forums with several threads all of the same nature. A thread for a few weeks back is hardly the same as commenting on a thread that was created and last responded to >6 or 12 months ago is it?.. hardly forum crime of 2012!

In addition, as already mentioned - the OP asked specifically for any devices he should be aware of or getting excited about that were up and coming and also asked for comments to continue in his follow up reply.

So interms of intelligence and reading comprehension - maybe itself yourself who is lacking in both departments. ;)

FAO OP - here's an AnTuTu Benchmark I ran on my Padfone 2:

Screenshot_2012-12-20-04-14-15_zps89bfd2bf.png

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
A thread for a few weeks back is hardly the same as commenting on a thread that was created and last responded to >6 or 12 months ago is it?.. hardly forum crime of 2012!

In addition, as already mentioned - the OP asked specifically for any devices he should be aware of or getting excited about that were up and coming and also asked for comments to continue in his follow up reply.

So interms of intelligence and reading comprehension - maybe itself yourself who is lacking in both departments. ;)

A few weeks? And I'm unintelligent? Hahaha.

Enjoy the Padfone, guy. It's unlikely your opinion is swaying anyone... because, well, this thread was dead and done.

P.S. It's a shame you think referencing benchmarks is an indication of how good a phone is.

pangster79

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
A few weeks? And I'm unintelligent? Hahaha.

Enjoy the Padfone, guy. It's unlikely your opinion is swaying anyone... because, well, this thread was dead and done.

P.S. It's a shame you think referencing benchmarks is an indication of how good a phone is.

PS it's a shame you have nothing worthwhile to say...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude