new to android, what are some cool things about jelly bean?

OneDeepForLife

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Ive always used Iphone but this upgrade ive decided im going to upgrade to the note 2 when ATT gets it, and I was wondering what jelly bean is like? what are some cool things about it in general? I hear about how you can customize it so much, what all can u customize?

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Ive always used Iphone but this upgrade ive decided im going to upgrade to the note 2 when ATT gets it, and I was wondering what jelly bean is like? what are some cool things about it in general? I hear about how you can customize it so much, what all can u customize?

Android - Android 4.1, Jelly Bean

but keep in mind some are stock apps feature swhich might be replaced or masked out by Samsung crap :p for example i got ICS on my Galaxy S2 which intruduce resizable widgets.... but i can't use it because TouchWiz does not support resizible widgets other then Samsung widgets (system it self supports it but laucher is the one that needs to resize widget), to make thing even more pissing off GS3 TouchWiz on ICS support it :p But everything realted to system settings, notfications and and APIs (aspecially APIs) should be in

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, im on the Galaxy Note 2 running Jellybean (skinned with Samsung's TouchWiz if course). I also use an Xperia P running ICS and I must say the biggest thing about Jellybean is the fluidity of the interface.

What are the other cool things about android on jellybean. Google Now and voice search, voice typing even without an Internet connection, resizeable widgets, multitasking and the ability to see all your running apps and go to them with a tap or close them with a swipe. Actionable drop down notifications.

Those are my favorite features but there are a lot. Visit http://www.android.com/about/jelly-bean/ to read more. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

OneDeepForLife

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
what are widgets? lol ive only had one android phone and it was an htc inspire, it wasn't the greatest experience I hope a lot has changed since then :l I also had a question about the multitasking, on the note 2 will I be able to watch a youtube video and browse the web at the same time?

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
what are widgets? lol ive only had one android phone and it was an htc inspire, it wasn't the greatest experience I hope a lot has changed since then :l I also had a question about the multitasking, on the note 2 will I be able to watch a youtube video and browse the web at the same time?

As i know yes Note II got that shiny splitscreen feature from note 10.1 by update.

Widgets are not application elements on home screen like clock weather and stuff, it's mobile equivlent of Windows gadgets or OS X widgets in dashboard (which makes me wonder why they still not implement thatin iOS, that was one of there killer features they talk a lot :p)

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Android - Android 4.1, Jelly Bean

but keep in mind some are stock apps feature swhich might be replaced or masked out by Samsung crap :p for example i got ICS on my Galaxy S2 which intruduce resizable widgets.... but i can't use it because TouchWiz does not support resizible widgets other then Samsung widgets (system it self supports it but laucher is the one that needs to resize widget), to make thing even more pissing off GS3 TouchWiz on ICS support it :p But everything realted to system settings, notfications and and APIs (aspecially APIs) should be in

I didn't have resizable widgets UNTIL jellybean not on aosp or touchwiz if I'm not mistsken

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And widgets are basically like app shortcuts right on the home screen like u can check and post your fb status right on the home screen without having to run the fb app to do it but u must have the fb app installed to do it lol

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Widgets are like a cross between a shortcut and a live tile which you can put on your homescreens. There are all sorts from clocks/calendars to ones that show facebook/twitter updates. Since jellybean arrived most of them are now resizeable so you can customize your screens more.

Multitasking simply means that you can have a lot of processes going on at the same time, so you can switch quickly without having to close and reopen apps. But the Galaxy Note 2 takes it further. Doesn't work on all apps, but the answer to your question is yes. I usually use it to browse on chrome while waiting for a YouTube video to load. Or to tap out messages while watching a movie. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Just to let you know there is an app called supervideo where you can watch videos whilst doing anything else its a pop up video player. Quite cool.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084