S3 Factory Reset and I lost all my data

ryanrajeh

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
hi all,

i am really so frustrated right now, i have accidently pressed the factory reset on my samsung s3 phone and i have lost all the data.
i thought i can get it back after i downloaded a recovery program but the problem is that the pc is not able to read the device as a hardrive.

any help to recover back at least some data would highly be appreciated.

thanks

Ryan

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I don't either... It gives you like 3 screens that you have to hit okay on before it actually does it. And I'm pretty sure it gives a warning that all data will be lost

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually I believe there is a data recovery app in the market, although you have to be rooted to use it. Sorry don't remember name, I know u saw it though.

The data isn't really deleted, it is still sitting on your memory. Its just inaccessible. Data on a hard drive can never be truly deleted and can always be recovered.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Actually I believe there is a data recovery app in the market, although you have to be rooted to use it. Sorry don't remember name, I know u saw it though.

The data isn't really deleted, it is still sitting on your memory. Its just inaccessible. Data on a hard drive can never be truly deleted and can always be recovered.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Not exactly true. If the area where the previous data was written, is written over, the preceding data is destroyed in part or in its entirety depending on how much of the previous data is written over. Some data can be recovered depending on where the new files are written, but at this point, getting back all data would be next to impossible.

That is why if you ever want to get rid of a hard drive you need to do more than format it. Even if you format it 18 times, it will not help. You have format, write enough data to the drive to fill it, wash, rinse repeat several times. Then your data is gone. That or blowtorch it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ryanrajeh

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
guys the problem here is not to argue and speculate and analyze how i did it by mistake or not..
but to answer your question, i have given my STUPID.. and i repeat STUPID S3 PHONE to my sister to get the HTC one x plus phone .. now i thought that all data should be backed up on the memory card so i can retrieve it for later on. however after i factory reset the device and inserted my memory slot in my laptop i figured that i have lost all my chats on whatsapp and they were not backed up.

i mean how stupid is that,... my old HTC desire phone used to back up on the memory card.. disgusted from samsung

now id really again appreciate if anyone can guide me as how to retrieve this information back

--
2R

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You can't retrieve it. We said that. And no data is backed up except what's backed up with Google.

App data is NEVER backed up unless you are rooted and use a program like titanium. So do go blaming it on Samsung.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

H the Bear

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Friend gave me his s3 to test drive because he got an iPhone and i mentioned that i was thinking s3 or note 2. Told me to please backup his pics for him. I had a blackberry before so I just attached it to my pc via sub. All files were showing empty so I figured he emptied it after all and I went ahead and did a factory reset. Turns out he didn't remove his pics (mostly for work) and I find out that s3 usb connection, not straight forward, yadda yadda yadda. Downloaded remove recovery in hopes to get the photos back and had to root it and all. So far it looks like it only restores data deleted on sd card (which my friend did not have). So long story short, It's all left a sour experience and I see iPhone in my future.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
guys the problem here is not to argue and speculate and analyze how i did it by mistake or not..
but to answer your question, i have given my STUPID.. and i repeat STUPID S3 PHONE to my sister to get the HTC one x plus phone .. now i thought that all data should be backed up on the memory card so i can retrieve it for later on. however after i factory reset the device and inserted my memory slot in my laptop i figured that i have lost all my chats on whatsapp and they were not backed up.

i mean how stupid is that,... my old HTC desire phone used to back up on the memory card.. disgusted from samsung

now id really again appreciate if anyone can guide me as how to retrieve this information back

--
2R

from your comment we all could make out who really is the stupid. sorry to be rude but its the fact.

you though your backup will be on sd card and your htc had the backup on the card? hard to believe. no android device automatically backup

Nutkin Nannies

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. S3 been faulty for a while so finally did factory reset last night. Removed m.card and went ahead only to realise that at some pointing the last 5months the stupid phone - and yes I do utterly blame samsung as this phone has been nothing but trouble from day one - the phone decided to stop saving to memory card AND Dropbox. Lost everything, desperate for a solution.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. S3 been faulty for a while so finally did factory reset last night. Removed m.card and went ahead only to realise that at some pointing the last 5months the stupid phone - and yes I do utterly blame samsung as this phone has been nothing but trouble from day one - the phone decided to stop saving to memory card AND Dropbox. Lost everything, desperate for a solution.

If anyone does not have ones important data backed up recently in at least one place, one can not blame anyone but themselves no matter how they try to fool themselves. It is ones own fault! I just did a factory re-set on my S4 after the 4.3 update because it was acting stupid. I did think to remove my SD card though but the stuff that I had not moved to the SD card I had forgot about and did not even think about it until after the warning from the phone came up and I just moved ahead with it and could not go back and stop it. I have done similar things on my computer and tablet. You think one would learn after all these years. I removed my SD card before so I did not loose that as some I have heard about that did not remove the SD before and now they have lost some if not all of that. Good Luck YMMV

fazna

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
i reset my phone i want to undo it , dont know what made me factory reset my phone,,,,,,,,,,,,,my phones not even getting connected to the pc. just want to undo the factory rest plssssssssssssssssssss help yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

reyahugsjordan23

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey you're unnecessary .. He clearly doesn't understand that so just relax. The point of this is to be helpful is it not? I feel you're just posting snarky remarks when you should just answer the question. Period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith