Flash Player on Jellybean 4.1.1 *no wimps*

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
If you already had it before upgrading to Jellybean it is still there and works fine. You can't simply download it from the store after that as it is no longer supported.

BTW, I friggin' hate clowns! :eek:

cosmos0001

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok I returned the tablet. If these devicedo
n't have flash I'm not buyin it. I feel as though we don't get answers because it is a hot subject awe need a sticky thread on it. Why do we have to feel like weot trolling but android I feel has some explaining to do. I buy pc and android because of flash. What a disappointment.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
n't have flash I'm not buyin it. I feel as though we don't get answers because it is a hot subject awe need a sticky thread on it. Why do we have to feel like weot trolling but android I feel has some explaining to do. I buy pc and android because of flash. What a disappointment.
then what tablet are you going to buy? ipad,w8 RT? none of these support flash.

you can always side load flash with firefor or default browser and flash will work.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

You need to complain to Adobe. This has nothing to do with Android. Adobe dropped support.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok I returned the tablet. If these devicedon't have flash I'm not buyin it. I feel as though we don't get answers because it is a hot subject awe need a sticky thread on it. Why do we have to feel like weot trolling but android I feel has some explaining to do. I buy pc and android because of flash. What a disappointment.

It looks like you're not going to be buying anything then. Adobe abandoned development of Flash for any mobile platforms, in favor of HTML5. I'm not sure where you've been for the past year, but this isn't news.

This isn't Google's or any OEM's fault. This was an Adobe decision.

You do have the option of side-loading the Flash app and using it with a 3rd-party browser like Dolphin, but there will be no support for it. If something breaks due to an Android update, don't expect Adobe to fix it.

You'll find the same situation on any other mobile OS. Blame Adobe. They're no longer developing Flash for mobile devices.

cosmos0001

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
It looks like you're not going to be buying anything then. Adobe abandoned development of Flash for any mobile platforms, in favor of HTML5. I'm not sure where you've been for the past year, but this isn't news.

This isn't Google's or any OEM's fault. This was an Ad
You do have the option of side-loading the Flash app and using it with a 3rd-party browser like Dolphin, but there will be no support for it. If something breaks due to an Android update, don't expect Adobe to fix it.

You'll find the same situation on any other mobile OS. Blame Adobe. They're no longer developing Flashformobile devices.
how do you watch hulu? Just say oh well? How do ypu visit your favorite websites without flag, just say oh well and go to another website? Android screwed us , not the other way. They lured us in then switched the deal. I might buy apple just to say up yours android.:mad:

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
how do you watch hulu? Just say oh well? How do ypu visit your favorite websites without flag, just say oh well and go to another website? Android screwed us , not the other way. They lured us in then switched the deal. I might buy apple just to say up yours android.:mad:

Like I said, blame Adobe (the makers of Flash). They decided to stop developing Flash for mobile devices. You can't blame Google for another company's decision to go in a different direction. You can't blame Google for not officially supporting something that has been abandoned, from a development standpoint, by its creator.

Quite frankly, I'm glad that Flash is dying out. It is a major resource hog and not suitable for mobile platforms that need less power-hungry, resource-intensive apps. Eventually, websites will catch on to using HTML-5. Many already do.

I'm not a Hulu user. If you want someone to be mad at, complain to Hulu that they haven't kept up with the technology available, since they're still using Flash instead of HTML-5 on their website. The real issue is that Hulu, and other media-serving sites like it, don't want you accessing their content from your mobile device because of the licensing agreements that they have with the studios that provide the content. So they won't make the site mobile-friendly until those agreements allow them to.

The fact that Android, as a platform, offers you a way to get around those license agreements, should garner your praise, not your disdain. Focus your anger on the money-grubbing studios and the short-sighted websites that haven't gotten with the times.

...and good luck switching to the iPhone. If you think it will be any easier to digest Flash content on THAT platform, you're delusional.

cosmos0001

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
6 months later... I am surviving without a tablet... is everyone surviving without flash? did they ever make an agreement? is html5 reining supreme or was that a "flash" in the pan? thanks...

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
A lot of us side loaded flash and it works. Don't ask me how or where as its been so long since I did it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Archived Flash Player versions

Less complaining about no flash on your android, more clicking the link provided to sideload flash.

Seriously, there's really NOTHING to complain about, as flash works great on Jelly Bean 4.1 and 4.2. Just don't expect fast loading speeds with large flash files.

Christine Toom

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So I came across this thread while doing a google search of how to load Flash on to my new Galaxy Tab2 10.1 ... and I don't know if I'm missing something, but even after going to Adobe's archive and downloading an archived version, I am still unable to use flash. Is there some secret step I'm missing, or is it possible I just can't use Flash with my tab?

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Inspector gadget, I've had the Iphone for a long time and Apple doesn't support flash either! Good luck with the change!

Why are you addressing this comment to me? I'm not the one crying for Flash. I don't miss it in the least. I was merely explaining to others that it wasn't Google that discontinued development of mobile Flash. The fault lies with Adobe. People want to blame Google. I'm just setting the record straight.