RAZR MAXX (Not HD) OS Update

catalystgod

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
My phone (RAZR MAXX) is actually downloading a 331MB sized update as I write this. Don't remember reading anything about a pending update other than the 4.1 which has no published date yet. Interesting...will update when done.

EDIT: Just checked my current OS Version since it is a replacement phone that I received a couple of weeks back, and it is 4.0.4

Last edited:

Skydaver

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've got my phone to do updates (maybe all updates, maybe large updates) via WiFi only; just came home a little while ago and I got a large download, too. It finished, but the install has to be done. I've got errands to run, so I'll do the update later.

catalystgod, did you do the install yet?

Jelly Bean would be a nice Festivus present. I'd have to make a retraction for the airing of grievances :)

Edit: Post install, I have 4.1.2. Yah, Jelly Bean!

Last edited:

mutant777

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Received 4.1.2 OTA update, installed, everything seems fine, except I can no longer connect via wifi to a router that I used to with ICS. Other wifi devices, Nexus 7, laptop, still work fine with this router. I then hooked up an AirPort Express to this router. Razr Maxx connects just fine to the AirPort Express. So, heads up, JB plays with wifi differently than ICS.

GregC63

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the 4.1.2 update on my Razr Maxx yesterday about 2:00PM in Columbus, Ohio Wasn't even aware it was happening until I put my hand on the case and it was hot from downloading!
Everything went smooth and I now have Jelly Bean!