Nexus 4 .2.2 update?!?!?!?

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Nothing yet on either my GNexus or Nexus 4, but I can't resist checking every hour. I don't have any issue on either but they are claiming speed improvements and I am all for that! PA never seems to get them early.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Pro tip: forcing it does nothing except make you feel like you're doing something ;)

It definitely does do something though results do vary.

On my GNex & N7 I checked for update through normal means with no results then on both devices after "forcing" it, the Notification appeared (though the GNex took 4 tries VS just 1 on the N7).

Anyways, moving on.

tigerchen

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
After i updated OTA, my service with Simple Mobile stopped working. Couldn't connect to the network at all. Moving SIM card to iPhone works, so it's really the update that broke it on the Nexus 4. Anyone else?

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
After i updated OTA, my service with Simple Mobile stopped working. Couldn't connect to the network at all. Moving SIM card to iPhone works, so it's really the update that broke it on the Nexus 4. Anyone else?

Hmm. That's odd. I don't know why that would happen. Simple Mobile is T-Mobile MVNO, and I'm on T-Mobile, and the service is fine. Did you check and make sure that the APN settings are still the same? If not, change those to the ones Simple Mobile gives you, and that might fix your issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

tigerchen

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. That's odd. I don't know why that would happen. Simple Mobile is T-Mobile MVNO, and I'm on T-Mobile, and the service is fine. Did you check and make sure that the APN settings are still the same? If not, change those to the ones Simple Mobile gives you, and that might fix your issue.

Yes, very odd. Not showing any APNs, can't save a new one either. Can open the window to enter settings, but can't save it.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes, very odd. Not showing any APNs, can't save a new one either. Can open the window to enter settings, but can't save it.
At this point, trying a factory reset might be your only hope.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
might it be better to ask for a replacement phone from google?

You could do that, but you'll get a data reset either way. I don't even know if Google will replace it without having you try a factory reset first anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12