3rd party apps not sending mms

Signewton

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello forum,

Since the 4.2 update I haven't been able to send or receive mms with 3rd party apps. I usually use go sms but I've tired hand cent and a few others and can't get mms messages to send successfully. It always says sending

If I use the stock messaging app I can send and receive mms messages but I have to uncheck the auto retrieve option. I'm on att and haven't changed any of the APNs and wondering if that would help

I'm running 4.2.2 stock and not rooted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello forum,

Since the 4.2 update I haven't been able to send or receive mms with 3rd party apps. I usually use go sms but I've tired hand cent and a few others and can't get mms messages to send successfully. It always says sending

If I use the stock messaging app I can send and receive mms messages but I have to uncheck the auto retrieve option. I'm on att and haven't changed any of the APNs and wondering if that would help

I'm running 4.2.2 stock and not rooted.

Just stick with stock messenger. No point in going through all the hassle plus the privacy concerns for a 3rd party app.

Signewton

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm tempted to ask ATT but I'm doubting they'll be any help. The stock app is decent but there is too much white for my taste