S2, voice notification of page, help me get rid of it.

hgbgb

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi i agree with you RICK RUIN...i had installed an app which was addon for GO LAUNCHER and when i turned it off from settings ---> accessibilty...i worked for me as well

so if you have installed any app recently and have it turn on please turn it off from accessibility in services section and it would work

it has nothing to do with any updates for android to JellyBean

mehmeth1

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded over the weekend, and now whenever the notifications are set to anything but OFF, the darn phone tells me what page I am on, via voice. "page 1 of 3, page 2 of 3" etc. how do I turn this off, but leave all other notifications on?

Very easy. Just remove (inactive) the samsung TTS from settings>app
manager> all apps.

Bryan Latter

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I have had the very same issue... almost driven me insane!!

However this was the same in my case....

THANK YOU!!!!! I did go to the Accessibility Services, however i did not have Add on option. I did however have No Led App which was switched on there. I turned it off in that menu and it seems to be working fine with out yelling at me. my No LED app is still functioning fine also. Must be a different setting for the app

Thank You Lolabelle5

snonoz

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
JUST UNINSTALL TEXT-TO SPEECH !! than you will still have the voice ... but wait for the phone to instal text to speech again and... it is GONE ! The new installation of Text to speech brings new settings i guess :)

Worked for me... easy! My prob Services app is Pushbullet which I did not want to disable.
Settings - Application Manager - Google Text To Speech - uninstall updates (stops the poxy annoying voice). Then back to Play Store, find Google Text To Speech and update - voice is still gone and all back to normal with no lost app or functions. Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Android 4.1.2

Barely functional

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
It has been a lot of work, but I fixed this problem on my s2 by simply installing a new launcher. I used zeam because I was familiar with it. No more irritating female voice telling which page I'm on...

Clint Murray

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Google Text-to Speech is what was causing it for me.

Settings/Application Manager/Google Text-to-Speech/Uninstall

I tried disabling Google Text-to-Speech, but the next time I rebooted the phone the annoying lady was back. By then I had forgotten how I'd done it, and again the painstaking search to find the answer again. This time I just uninstalled it. It's not an app I need anyway.

Clint Murray

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
The fix didn't last long. Google Text-to Speech cannot be gotten rid of, although now it isn't listed under Application Manager. Reinstalling so I can at least disable it.

I reinstalled Google Text-to-Speech and clicked Force Stop. Again that stopped it. I rebooted and it's back. Until i find a permanent fix I am going to have to force stop it after every reboot.

Last edited:

XxMillie_SmithxX

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Heyyy, I was having the same problem but I think I found a way of fixing this issue a lot of people are having please note that I did this on Samsung galaxy S2.....go on to Settings then Accessibility then swipe all the way to the bottom you should see a box saying "turn off all sounds" don't worry just follow the steps... tap turn off all sounds then turn off your device wait a minute or two then turn your device back on then wait for your device/phone to boot up properly then go back to Settings and then Accessibility then swipe all the way to the bottom and tap on "turn on all sounds" and your done :) if it doesn't work first time do try again...it will work eventually I promise.
Hope it works for you guys too xx

Kind regards :) xx

Snapafun Frank

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
The Settings-accessibility-talkback-settings-Off ~ worked for me when all others above didn't do it. Thanks. PS... Be patient with this as it takes a while to actually get to working - mine about 5 seconds.

Colette_C

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I uninstalled the TTS updates on my Samsung tab 10.1 to restore it to its factory version and it seems to be working fine. Hope this can help someone else. It's a real annoyance and wish they come up with a fix for it since so many of us have been experiencing the same issue.

Thanks everyone for the helpful tips. I guess trial and error is our only option until a fix is developed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084