Some questions about S3

l undercover l

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I will get a new phone soon (s3, I am not sure when I am getting it, maybe tomorrow, maybe in 15 days), and I have been using iPhone 4 for last 2 years, never used an Android
On T-Mobile's website for my country it says it uses IceCream Sandwich 4.0 or something like that, is that a bad thing or? :p
My notebook is in hp service so I have been searching a lot about with my iPhone about Android for s3 and on YouTube, it looks like JellyBean 4.1.2 is the best for s3, but here I found out that 4.2 exists, so, is it better?

And oh, 1 more thing, is it legal/do you lose warranty when you change the os?
And do you have to delete everything (pictures, contacts, music, os) before installing new os or do you just install new os and pics are still there?

Thanks in advance,
under~

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
4.1.2 is very close to 4.2. although 4.2 has many new feature but its not very bad.
look at Nexus 4 if you are interested. it is the greatest phone at the moment

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
"The greatest" is a very subjective thing. The Nexus is the newest (for the moment), and has the most up to date version of Android, but the GS3 (and the soon to be available HTC One, and other phones) offer a lot of features the Nexus doesn't.

4.1 is definitely an upgrade over 4.0, but 4.0 isn't really bad in any way. I would expect the T-Mobile S3 where you are to get upgraded to 4.1 (jelly bean) in the near future, but that's just guesswork. Yes, 4.2 is "better", but not in a number of mostly small ways, not in any really big way.

If you root (to install and new OS version, or "ROM" yourself), then yes, that voids the warranty. In the U.S., at least, it's legal. If you need warranty support after rooting, you can probably restore to the original OS first, so your carrier will never know. Exactly how you would root and install an new OS depends very much on the specific version of the phone you have. I'd suggest going to the S3 forums on AC and looking / asking there. In general, you won't lose anything stored on the SD card, but might lose things stored in internal memory.

You will lose your applications, contacts, etc., but you can easily reinstall your apps from the Google Play store, and if your contacts, calendar events, etc. are synced with Google you'll get those back automatically. Again, go read in the S3 forums, especially the rooting forum for your model of S3. (Different carriers have different versions, and it's very, very important you follow the procedure that's designed for your version of the phone. And, if you're going to install a new ROM (OS), that you use a ROM specifically intended for your phone.

robert2611

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
U looking for a new android device try checking the samsung note 2 or there bring out the new galaxy s 4 the galaxy s3 a good phone to have

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary