Not so known battery saving tips

ecs180

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

The other day i saw 30% drop in battery overnight. I had already researched battery saving ideas and had the usual settings (i.e., google now off, dim screen, etc.)

I came across 3 different tools that helped me big time...i am currently sitting at 80% after 16 hours

1) application manager -> swipe right to all - go through the list and disable "show notifications" for pretty much every app you don't need a notification for. also unistall updates/diasable/force stop any app you dont need (since there are a lot of random apps, only do this for obvious ones)

2) download (all free) cpu spy (confirm your phone is hitting deep sleep), my data manager (determine which apps are using data), and gsam battery monitor (determine which apps are both keeping your phone awake, and waking your phone). cross reference my data manager and gsm battery with the below.

3) the holy grail as someone referred to it - settings -> data usage -> scroll down to bottom -> manually disable background data for all obvious apps. i personally left my weather, email, and the android os ones alone. it is important to note that if you open your browser (or any other app) it is no longer a background app. you must do the hold home button clear open apps to close it out.

i am pretty good with tech, but am no expert and this worked for me (so far), but if anyone knows better please let me know

nice to see my battery finally in beast mode

my original post (i have a verizon galaxy note 2) - http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/254337-not-so-known-battery-saving-tips.html

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone,
3) the holy grail as someone referred to it - settings -> data usage -> scroll down to bottom -> manually disable background data for all obvious apps. i personally left my weather, email, and the android os ones alone. it is important to note that if you open your browser (or any other app) it is no longer a background app. you must do the hold home button clear open apps to close it out.

This setting has no effect when you're on WiFi. It only restricts background data when you're on 3G or 4G. So if you spend lots of time on WiFi it will have little impact on battery life. Before restricting data here, you should check the individual apps to see if they have their own settings for sync frequency.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy