Photos on SD card are "read only"?

pvdiamon

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Using Motorola Electrify M (Jelly Bean 4.1.2), when I try to use photos to set as contact, I get the message that "read only contacts cannot be used." My contacts are synced from MS Outlook on my PC.....any idea what is going on? It does seem that I can use photos I save to the camera, not to the external SD memory card so I can't tell if the problem is the photo or the contact?

Last edited:

pvdiamon

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Problem solved. I go to a specific contact>edit and the click the photo icon and it goes to gallery to choose a photo to set as contact. It just won't allow the process to be initiated directly from the gallery. Kind of odd that it says you can set photo as contact in gallery, but then says contact is read only. :D

ridas

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue i am using motorola razr xt905 jellybean 4.1.2
I tried saving the contact photo from gallery and also tried by editing the contact it doesnt take me to the gallery when i click the photo icon

pvdiamon

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I found the solution to get a contact photo was to go to gallery first and select a photo and then in menu select set as contact. This now works but didn't when I first posted.