connect to hotel wifi with login web page

strycat

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm at a hotel with one of those wifi networks you have to first load a webpage and enter your room number and click I agree. Works fine on my laptop. However my HTC Droid DNA doesn't seem so happy about it. It just keeps saying it isn't connected to the wifi no matter how many times I click the hotel's network or try to load a webpage. It won't load any pages unless I use 4G (and I'm already too close to my data limit for that).

I downloaded several apps that claim to help with this problem. The only one that "worked" was Cedric Ho's Wifi Brower :Login. However it only worked the first time. Now it is acting like before I even installed it. I tried several other apps including one by Wolke that just spammed me with a weird website. None of them got me on the internet. I have tried installing and uninstallling the one that worked once. I've tried forgetting the network. I've tried rebooting the phone. I still can't get on with the phone.

As you can imagine the hotel staff, while quite nice and apologetic, know less than I do about this problem. Anyone know What do I do now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Menno Ende

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: connet to hotel wifi with login web page

at your android browser settings try to set the display option to desktop view. maybe that works.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: connet to hotel wifi with login web page

Have you tried going into Wi-Fi and clicking the network and then 'Forget' it - allow the list to refresh, click on the network again and allow it to Save / sign on - then go into the Chrome browser and type in any address (say, bbc.com) and see if the browser is then re-directed to the hotel's sign-in?

Terrifically convoluted, I know, but I have to do this with some wi-fi with sign-on pages. Might even have to go through this process more than once to connect. And you'll need to do the whole thing over again if you connect up later. These web page sign-ons are an enormous pain in the posterior.

And, incidentally, not much better with an iOS device.

So it seems to be a mobile OS issue that should be dealt with if the manufacturers / suppliers of wi-fi hotspots really want us to use their products.

Amy Dykstra

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I was able to solve this problem by opening a new incognito tab, then typing a web address (I used bbc.com). I was then directed to the hotel's sign-in page.

Landon Spencer

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm at a hotel with one of those wifi networks you have to first load a webpage and enter your room number and click I agree. Works fine on my laptop. However my HTC Droid DNA doesn't seem so happy about it. It just keeps saying it isn't connected to the wifi no matter how many times I click the hotel's network or try to load a webpage. It won't load any pages unless I use 4G (and I'm already too close to my data limit for that).

I downloaded several apps that claim to help with this problem. The only one that "worked" was Cedric Ho's Wifi Brower :Login. However it only worked the first time. Now it is acting like before I even installed it. I tried several other apps including one by Wolke that just spammed me with a weird website. None of them got me on the internet. I have tried installing and uninstallling the one that worked once. I've tried forgetting the network. I've tried rebooting the phone. I still can't get on with the phone.

As you can imagine the hotel staff, while quite nice and apologetic, know less than I do about this problem. Anyone know What do I do now?

If you are using chrome as the browser uninstall it and try a different browser that is what worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

veltzerdoron

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
Listen, friends the reason is not chrome, the reason as far as I can tell is chrome's synchronization option which tries to connect with google before getting wifi cleared. The anonymous mode does not sync and that's why it works.:cool:

aclowery

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

SOLVED: Had the same problem. Called the hotel wifi help desk, they took me through all the troubleshooting steps, then referred me to a tier2 callback, but kept working on it while waiting. Never did get that call.

1. Click on the wifi ssid
2. Forget connection
3. Re connect
4. Open Chrome (no splash screen to enter password.)
5. Push the forward navigation arrow.
6. Splash screen appears, enter your password and other info needed by hotel

Katy_rock66

Jan 29, 2018
Visit site
I signed in here just so I could thank you and reply too! Crazy... spent all this time trying to sign in with my hotel password to no avail. Saw the BBC.com reply and it worked! Finally on...tech help, question typed in 15 different ways with no answer that work....BBC did the trick!! Thanks so much... I'll be back here to you genius' ...now it's so late I have to sign off and get some sleep for my appointment. Go figure... nonetheless,...THANKS!
Katy_rock

S FITZER

Jan 26, 2019
Visit site
Re:

All I did was go into my control panel and temporarily disabled my firewall... that was all it took.

Dawniepie

Sep 21, 2019
Visit site
I have a note 8. To connect, go to settings, connections, wifi, then select the hotel's wifi. Once it says connected click on the network that you connected to. Then click on the button that says manager router. This will cause the web page to pop up to enter the user name and password. Your welcome.

anon(10666660)

Feb 2, 2020
Visit site
I fought this for years with my Galaxy S5. Recently I switched my default browser to " Samsung Internet " from Chrome and it now works as expected. Go to Applications Defaults under Settings to do this. If you don't already have the Samsung browser it is in the play store and can be downloaded, other browsers may work as well but the default browser must not be Chrome.