Perplexing Keyboard Issue

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I originally posted this in the Galaxy Note 10.1 forum but did not get a satisfactory answer so I figured that I would post this here.

I have the full version of Thumb Keyboard 4 (Version 4.6.1.00.147) which I use on my Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8013) running Android 4.1.2. I am stock, not rooted. I have found that the cursor arrow keys do not work on TK4 but only when I use TK4 to enter text while on the internet, and only while accessing the internet via the stock internet browser (Version 4.1.2-N8013UEUCMA3). For example, while typing in the search box on any website (Google, Yahoo, CNN, etc.) I cannot use the arrow keys to move the cursor. If I access Gmail off the Google site the cursor keys don?t work, but if I use the Gmail app, the cursor keys work fine. In addition, when I access the internet through Chrome, the cursor keys work perfectly at all times. Since I prefer the stock browser, and thinking that it was a problem with TK4, I downloaded the full versions of Perfect Keyboard and Kii Keyboard from the Play store to see if they would perform better. The results are exactly the same; the cursor keys don?t work in the stock browser, but work fine in Chrome. Has anybody else experienced this issue on other devices? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.