4.1.2 Sucks!

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this has anything to do with Google or Android or 4.1.2. It's most likely something the manufacturers or carriers packed in with the 4.1.2 update.

gxgs

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, most of the features "missing" or "changed" are because of manufacturer or carrier modifications, and not because of jelly bean per se. Alarm fading has nothing to do with 4.1.2, get another alarm app that has fading and be done, for example. Also, most carrier's or manufacturer's apps actually use their own database to store information (notes for example), thus when you delete them, you lose all the information (obviously) if you didn't export it. Which is why, you should not use any application that does not sync with an external server or does not have an export option, because uninstalling it will mean deleting the data it carries.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
It's in the contract =(
They can do it... Not fair. Unless the contacts have changed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Inspector37620

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I too have all the same complaints about the forced upgrade, so it is time to look into an iphone. And I absolutely despise anything apple. But they will not do this to me again.

tiarosi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
LeoRex, if only I knew how (or brave enough) to root I would, but I don't understand the process of rooting & flashing & I admit I am challenged in the technicalities involved. LOL! So I'll leave it at that, but thank you anyway!

Nicole Wirth

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
There is a lot of material out there to explain how you can go back to ICS. The only drawback is that you end up resetting everything back to stick....so you'll have to reload all your apps, contacts, settings... but there are ways to back those all up too....

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Android Central Forums

How how how?? I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a way to revert back to ICS and I haven't been able to find Anything. Everyone is saying it's impossible. Do you have a link to some instructions on how to go back to ICS?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'll try to find some links for you later tonight when I have some time. There are plenty of guides that are well written and easy to follow.

Sent from my SCH-I200

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
OK... Maybe it's not so easy. I knew Samsung has been agreeing around with bootloaders on all their phones.... So it depends on how and if your phone is locked up tight. I will take a look tonight.

Sent from my SCH-I200

MichaelCJ5

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
One thing I miss is the ability to edit videos. They added this worthless little movie maker program instead. If I take a 5 minute video of my baby trying to crawl, I'd like to crop out the part where she actually does something so I can share it. Although that never really worked well when I tried to do it before. :-\ Also, the camera doesn't stamp pictures and videos with date/time anymore. As somebody who likes to keep thing nicely in order, that annoys me.

Last edited:

Halous

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
They screwed up my phone with this update and there is really no way to go back. With all the features i use gone, my phone is worthless now. I'm going to the store tomorrow to see about getting an iphone. I'm completely done with android after this update, which is sad cause i hate everything "I" but is still the lesser of 2 evils.

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a very long-standing dislike of anything Apple, but I might be right behind you.

how are those Windows phones working out?

i am very frustrated with this change. I can't bring myself to call it an upgrade because it's not.

the backspace key doesn't work right. It jumps all over the place and turns my words into gibberish. The SYM key doesn't work at all, so brackets and other punctuation are completely inaccessible. Capitalization at the beginning of a paragraph doesn't happen, even with the shift key...

what the heck did you GGud.....aw, never mind. I can't go back and correct that because MY BACKSPACE KEY DOESN'T WORK!!I
i saw in another thread a suggestion to another member to buy an app thatwill correct this.
WHY SHOULD I SPEND MY MONEY TO MAKE THE KEYBOARD WORK THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO, WHEN I'M NOT THE ONE WHO SCREWED IT UP?

yes, I'm irritated!

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
None of those problems are caused by Google or Android, it's your phone manufacturer adding useless custom layers on top of a highly functional OS. Don't go buy an iPhone, just don't buy another Samsung.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I have Droid 4. And none of these problems existed until the JB "upgrade."

*edit*

Okay, I tried SwiftKey. It does not change the inop SYM key and other problems... That did NOT exist utiluntil this stupid upgradeUpgrade!

Perfect examples in that last sentence.

Grrrr!

Last edited:

Alex Boites

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Might just be my phone but has anyone else lost the Notifications bar settings in the Display/General section? I cant seem to find it anymore. Ohhh and another frustrating thing I noticed is that when my phone is in landscape then i lock it when i try to unlock it half of the keypad is off the screen, so it makes it impossible to unlock without restarting.
oh well im sure there will be patches in the future.

HTC G2
MyTouch 3g
Samsung Galaxy S3

Mistofeles

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Android 4.1.2 Sucks

- The icons on the bottom toolbar are in wrong place. When you write something and your finger accidentally hits the toolbar when you try to press 'Space', the system jumps to the homescreen. In some cases the program you have been using deletes everything you have written so far.

- The USB memories can not be used. SD cards from my camera can not be read. USB-Ethernet devices don't work.

- The notification bar on top of the screen eats space. So does the bottom bar also, but it might be that we got to wait until Android 6 or 7 with that.

I will install Cyanogenmode as soon as I can.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thankfully, these problems with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 are only specific to OEM official ROMs like Touchwiz, Sense, Motoblur, etc.

Most AOSP-based ROMs already have all these "missing features" mentioned in the thread.

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
what is really annoying is that the update is not giving all info about what will be added n what will be removed, they only state all the benefits that will be compensated with numerous sacrifices. We've lost app2sd function, no more support for adobe flash, more battery drain and wakelocks. believe it, who needs constant updating if the previous version is much better? for now, i stick to ICS till the time a real and problem-free update is released. jellybean has been an update with lots of sacrifice n removal of features.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
what is really annoying is that the update is not giving all info about what will be added n what will be removed, they only state all the benefits that will be compensated with numerous sacrifices. We've lost app2sd function, no more support for adobe flash, more battery drain and wakelocks. believe it, who needs constant updating if the previous version is much better? for now, i stick to ICS till the time a real and problem-free update is released. jellybean has been an update with lots of sacrifice n removal of features.

At the moment, AOSP-based JB ROMs are the "true" JB updates that all android phones deserve. The only thing holding us back are those damned OEMs polluting the android experience with skins and features the average joe is unlikely to ever know about or use (Samsung for instance. Ever wonder why the 16GB Galaxy S4 only has 8.8Gb of internal storage?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC