Google voice toggle?

TJB

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I am new to Android, former WebOS user.

Is there a simple app that can just turn on and off google voice for outbound calls?
Turn it on and all calls go through GV. Turn it off and all calls go through without GV.

Deciding on which route to take every time I make a call is getting to be a pain.

The voice choice app does work sometimes but other times it does not.

In WebOS I could open up my GV app and make calls directly from the app. I miss this functionality.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I am new to Android, former WebOS user.

Is there a simple app that can just turn on and off google voice for outbound calls?
Turn it on and all calls go through GV. Turn it off and all calls go through without GV.

Deciding on which route to take every time I make a call is getting to be a pain.

The voice choice app does work sometimes but other times it does not.

In WebOS I could open up my GV app and make calls directly from the app. I miss this functionality.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Should be something here for you:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?q=google+voice+toggle+&c=apps&token=eCa0tDF6

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
In the Google Voice application, if you go into the settings and select "Making calls," you have the following options:

Use Google Voice to make all calls
Do not use Google Voice to make any calls
Only use Google Voice for international calls
Ask every time I make a call

That final option will cause a small dialog to pop up when making a phone call in the dialer, asking if you want to use Google Voice for that call or not. Is this the behavior you're looking for?

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
In the Google Voice application, if you go into the settings and select "Making calls," you have the following options:

That final option will cause a small dialog to pop up when making a phone call in the dialer, asking if you want to use Google Voice for that call or not. Is this the behavior you're looking for?

There is also the widget which allows you toggle through those same options without opening the app.

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nex7 using Tapatalk HD

TJB

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the info. That is what I have been doing. I was wondering if there was an app that I could toggle back and fourth. When it is off all calls would go through without GV. When its on all calls wold run through GV. That way I would not have to decide for every call. For me there are long periods of time when I need to use GV and then say nights and weekends where I don't use it at all. So having the ability to "toggle" would be great.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. That is what I have been doing. I was wondering if there was an app that I could toggle back and fourth. When it is off all calls would go through without GV. When its on all calls wold run through GV. That way I would not have to decide for every call. For me there are long periods of time when I need to use GV and then say nights and weekends where I don't use it at all. So having the ability to "toggle" would be great.

The Google Voice widget let's you toggle like that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Walter Arnold

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Android 4.4.2, Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
I used to have a widget to toggle Google Voice. It's missing. Not in the widget collection, not anywhere. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling google voice, that didn't help.

The voice app only gives permanent options (use voice, use voice for int'l, don't use, ask every time). The widget lets you easily change it for a single call without the hassle of having to use the ask any time option.

How do I get that widget back?

Note, I am using the Yahoo Aviate skin. Might that have murdered the Toggle Google Voice widget?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
VoiceChoice 2.0 can automatically choose dialing with/without Google Voice. I absolutely love it.

But I don't know of a simple manual toggle for Google Voice. I suppose most people just use the 'Ask every time' setting.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001

Walter Arnold

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
VoiceChoice 2.0 can automatically choose dialing with/without Google Voice. I absolutely love it.

But I don't know of a simple manual toggle for Google Voice.
I had a Toggle Google Voice widget on my Galaxy S3, but when I changed to a new phone a few months ago it wasn't there. Can't find it anywhere. I'll look into VoiceChoice, thanks.