Revert to stock icons

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
A while back I installed an ADW theme called "CM10 Crystal theme" on CM10. The problem is that it has changed half of the colours of my non-system / system icons from stock to a blue/black colour. It has also changed the colour of my messenger system app. I know that the icons themselves reside in the apk archives so I don't think the theme even has permissions, or the ability, to change the icons - which makes me think that they are being manipulated indirectly.. possibly with some kind of overlay. I don't really want to wipe the data partition unnecessarily. The theme itself has been uninstalled and the default system theme has been set. Does anyone know how these themes work? Is there a quick and easy way to fix this issue?

Thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
One solution...

Go into your custom recovery and first make a full backup.

Next without doing any wipes, just flash the CM10 ROM. That should reset anything that was done and won't erase your data.

Worst case situation is something starts to act funky and you can then restore your backup you made to return to a working state again until a different solution is available.

You are correct though, ADW and other launchers, etc. use an overlay type method that places icons or changes over the stock APKs without actually changing the stock APKs. I'm not sure exactly how to remove this but I know my suggestion above of flashing CM10 over the top without a wipe should undo whatever changes ADW did to you setup.

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. My initial thought was something similar - format the data partition - but it appears that the problem has resolved itself when I installed a new launcher. Because of that I thought it may have been the cache but then I remembered I wiped the cache partition a few days ago. Anyway.. the Issue is now resolved - if I continue to avoid using that particular launcher.

Thanks.