"Listen to" voice command not working

ereming1

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with the "Listen to" [artist/song/album] voice command? I say "play (or listen) <artist> or play <song> or play <playlist> or play <ANYTHING> and all I get is Google Now asking if I'd like to do a youtube search. I don't have the option to listen to any other app, including Play Music.

Nexus 4 version 4.2.2.

Thanks

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Now it isn't working for me. I've tried at least 20 times to play music that is on my device and it either searches online or it searches for something that sounds like what I said.

Sent from my Nexus 4/Nexus 7

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't work on my german version as well. It used to work a few weeks ago and all the songs by the artist I used as a test are still on the device.

Google Voice also lost the spoken replies that were finally added to the german version (along with other European languages, I think) just a few days ago. What's going on here? :-!

Dallas Lewis

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this same problem, except if I say "play (artist)" it will usually play a random song from said artist, but if I try to search for any specific songs it won't work 99 percent of the time. I've literally only gotten 1 song to play, it's incredibly frustrating. Does anybody have any solid 3rd party alternatives to suggest?

Dallas Lewis

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I think I've got it figured out. It seems the search doesn't look for files on your phone, it looks for songs in their database, and then checks if it's on your phone, I tested by searching for popular songs that I don't have and each time it would attempt to play it.

petercat

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Galaxy Nexus running 4.2.2. If I tell it to "play <song>" or "play <artist>" , it just does a web search, and doesn't give me the option to play the song from my device.

The only unique thing that I can think may be a factor, is that all the music on my phone is synced from the Google Music service.

Also, I notice that if I type in the name of a song, instead of speaking it, that it will display the matching music files on my device only while i'm still typing. Once I click the submit button (magnifying glass "search" button), it only gives me web results, and doesn't display results from my device.

Hope this helps someone figure it out!

Elit3

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So they removed it recently, was that Apple's fault. F*** them, hindering others innovations because they don't innovate any more.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante