Missing Photo Albums

MCFurl

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
So, I took a whole bunch of photos of lichens for a botany lab I am in, including pictures through the microscope of small structures. While I was doing this, I was putting the photos into albums titled with the species name. When doing this, I saw all the albums while I was moving things. This was roughly two-ish weeks ago. Now, I cannot find these albums anywhere. All the photos are still in the gallery, but the albums are totally gone. I've looked in DCIM --> camera, but they are not there. I have also plugged the phone into the computer to look, and found nothing. The only thing of note that has happened between the time I took/organized the photos and now is that I updated my OS on my phone.
I am very frustrated and this is kind of a disaster, its basically impossible for me to organize these photos without knowing which lichens correspond to which microscopic images. Any help would be very helpful and appreciated.
Thanks.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The only thing of note that has happened between the time I took/organized the photos and now is that I updated my OS on my phone.

I think you identified the problem. By setting up sub folders you changed the file structure. Upgrading the O/S restores the original file structure. I can't help you with restoring it, but I suggest that next time you engage in such a project or plan to upgrade the O/S you upload the photos/albums to your Google+ account or a cloud service such as Google Drive or DropBox.