TXT bubbles...

SQUINTS1

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
i would really like to change those post its and bubbles when i txt on my note 2. is there any way to change those from the 5 default ones to more custom ones.. not rooted?

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I've also been looking for ways to change the bubbles. Colours more than styles. I for whatever reason don't feel comfortable using a 3rd party app for core functions of the phone such as texting.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

SQUINTS1

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind third party. Just want something that I can make my own I don't like the stock txt app layouts. I'm using SwiftKey and would like to keep it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

famouzstarz#AC

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I've also been looking for ways to change the bubbles. Colours more than styles. I for whatever reason don't feel comfortable using a 3rd party app for core functions of the phone such as texting.

stock SMS is what is it plain and simple you cant change much besides notification settings

I don't mind third party. Just want something that I can make my own I don't like the stock txt app layouts. I'm using SwiftKey and would like to keep it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

handcent SMS theme able or create your own custom colors / fonts, you can still use swiftkey no problem

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Go sms looks pretty nice I admit (handicent not so much, at least from the screen shots the developers posted), but both have so many users reporting all kinds of bugs, such as sms or mms not sending/receiving, freezing, and lagging. The apps both have good reviews (both 4.4 I think) so the majority probably use the apps without issue, but I don't really wanna take such risk. Might try it out though. Is it possible to have both stock messaging app and go sms pro working at the same time (as in they both receive texts) while I test it?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to have both stock messaging app and go sms pro working at the same time (as in they both receive texts) while I test it?
Yes from what I remember you can do both. I believe there is an option in Go SMS setting to enable/disable the stock app.

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Wow didn't know that using go sms still delivers all sent and received texts to the stock messaging app and vice versa. Love the slew of customization options as well.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, many think that your replacing the stock app but it's more of a overlay sorta speak. It still relies on the stock app to function I believe to some extent. Same goes for your stock calendar when you use Go sms and their optional calendar apps ;)