Bluetooth and voice to text

drewman24seven

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
When connected with a Bluetooth headset all voice to text functions do not work. When trying to access Google now, The phone seems to be stuck initializing. When using the voice for text messaging I have the same issue.

I have found the following solutions.

1. If you are running an audio program. The Voice functions will pause the audio and work as expected.
2. If you disable media audio for your Bluetooth device The Voice functions work as expected.

It seems you cannot have voice to text functionality if Media Audio is on in Bluetooth settings without having an audio program playing.

Does anybody have a solution for having the ability have media audio on in Bluetooth settings and still use voice to text functions?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
When connected with a Bluetooth headset all voice to text functions do not work. When trying to access Google now, The phone seems to be stuck initializing. When using the voice for text messaging I have the same issue.

I have found the following solutions.

1. If you are running an audio program. The Voice functions will pause the audio and work as expected.
2. If you disable media audio for your Bluetooth device The Voice functions work as expected.

It seems you cannot have voice to text functionality if Media Audio is on in Bluetooth settings without having an audio program playing.

Does anybody have a solution for having the ability have media audio on in Bluetooth settings and still use voice to text functions?

Here's a thread on a Google support site. You aren't alone.

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=35737

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay