Gmail message in outbox stuck after Jelly Bean update

kjaspert

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
After the Jelly Bean update, My Phone Constantly Tries To Send A Message From January And When I Try To Delete It I Can't Because It Says It Is In The Process Of Sending. It Will Not Send And I Keep Getting A Notification That It Was Not Sent. Very Aggrevating As It Causes My Notification Indicator To Constantly Blink.

And On Another Note, Why Am I Having To Hit The Space Bar Between Every Word i Write And Its Capitalizing The First Letter Of Each Word???

Ahhhh, Help!!

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you try turning off your phone and deleting the message online?

Unless you tap the pop up word at the top of the keyboard, you have to hit the space bar. Otherwise Android thinks you want to continue adding letters to the word. It shouldn't capitalize the next letter unless you inserted a period or a double space.

kjaspert

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Pat,

Thanks for the reply. The message seems to only reside on my phone as I cannot find an "outbox" folder when logging into Gmail online (mobile or computer). I also have two mail apps on my phone - Gmail app and Motorola's version of a mail app. It's not in the Gmail app but it is in the Motorola mail app that I use. I thought to remove the Gmail account completely, but because Android revolves around a Google account, it won't let me remove it. I even tried installing a new Gmail account so I could remove this one - won't let me.

As for the spacing and caps issue - I use Swype. Typically after i'm done with a word, I lift my finger and it automatically puts a space in and starts my next word in lowercase letters. It does it on this website as well as Pingg.com when I am trying to repond to someone's comment (both are the same type of box imbedded in a website for replying to messages - not sure if that is part of the issue but I have never experienced that prior to the upgrade).

I have to admit - I am to the point where I hate these updates because someone always changes for the worse. Plus, Google (or Motorola) is not good at pointing out the changes that are beneficial - I usually find them by accident.

Stil have the email issue - anyone experience the same thing or have any ideas on how to correct it??

Thanks all!

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue frequently with an older Samsung on GB. On my Galaxy S3 with Jelley Bean, after 4 months it just happened for the first time. The solution is to go into the application manager, choose Gmail and "clear data". Then open the Gmail app and give it a few minutes to re-sync. You will have to return to your settings and redo them, but that's pretty quick, and none of your data is lost (except for the pending message(s) in the Outbox).

topkittykat

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, KCAndroid1, for posting your solution. This worked. I hated losing the emails in my outbox but at least I will be able to send un the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21