Bought an s3 and very confused

ericallison106

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I traded my iphone for an s3 and i'm very confused (happy but confused) so the phone is on 4.1.1 and is currently rooted, I was wondering if I updated, would my phone be bricked or just get rid of the root? Is the update worth it? I don't really want the root because I havent gotten comfortable with android enough yet. Also could you guys recommend some apps/widgets etc for a newbie? Also my battery life has been terrible, it only lasted 2 hours today and facebook used 78% of it, I didn't even open facebook, I deleted it and it's a bit better, but now its only lasted about 3 hours and at 50%

Thanks for any help,

Eric

EECGeek

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I traded my iphone for an s3 and i'm very confused (happy but confused) so the phone is on 4.1.1 and is currently rooted, I was wondering if I updated, would my phone be bricked or just get rid of the root? Is the update worth it? I don't really want the root because I havent gotten comfortable with android enough yet. Also could you guys recommend some apps/widgets etc for a newbie? Also my battery life has been terrible, it only lasted 2 hours today and facebook used 78% of it, I didn't even open facebook, I deleted it and it's a bit better, but now its only lasted about 3 hours and at 50%

Thanks for any help,

Eric

I believe if you update to a stock update, it will no longer be rooted, but if you update with a mod it should be still rooted. And don't worry it is very very easy to root/unroot an android phone, and without tripping the counter.

Battery life should be better than that.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
ok to help ur battery situation go thru ur apps and look at how often they update in tha backrond the faster they update tha faster ur batter will drain. now for apps Flipboard is a great app u can get all ur social media and news in one place. And u can tailor ur news to ur liking. For ring tones ringdroid is a great app but u must have music on ur memory card on internal to use it. Find my DROID is great for if u lose ur phone and its on silent or if it's stolen. Astro file manager to find files stored on phone or Mc. Chrome browser is great every thing syncs from ur computer to ur phone, but u gotta have chrome on ur computer also. i usually keep a email widget, a play music widget, amazon music, google+, and a search widget, ut hey its up 2 u its android so customize it how u like, thow on sum new launchers, and skins make ur phone urs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084