unfortunately touchwiz home has stopped (S4)

Aimar_69

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
i keep getting this annoying msg everyday !!
if i try to edit a page on my app drawer or whatever it just appears every single time !!!

i tried different launcher btw (Nova) and i still ge tthe same msg !!

Trader1212

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, my touchwiz home has stopped working after the recent update (launched in June)!!

Moreover, when reboot the devise, it won't start unless tried multiple times; it took me three hours to get it started...

I've cleared data and catche and currently using the simple touch mode!!

I hope this problem is resolved soon in the next update by Samsung..

regards,

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Does the message say "Touch Wiz..." even when using Nova launcher?

Maybe some weird setting is causing it to crash. Was there a widget you uninstalled, or some icon that was an image that no longer exists, etc?

Try going to Settings->Applications, find TouchWiz (under Running, or All), and select Clear Data. It will erase all configs of Touch Wiz but may solve it.

Didn't work? I'd considering restoring factory settings. But before you do, install Helium (a.k.a. Carbon - old name) and do a full backup of your device on to your laptop. No root required.

Tony Bauer

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my GS III. I did the live chat with Samsung and the problems was fixed.
Here is what they had me do.
Go to: Settings/Application manager/All
Once there tap the menu button and hit "Reset app preferences"
A new box will pop up - hit "Reset apps"
After I did this, no more "Unfortunately....stopped" message!
Additionally, it kept all the settings just like I had them before, no need to refigure everything like you do when clearing the cache!
Hope this helps someone

Tahoedan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my GS III. I did the live chat with Samsung and the problems was fixed.
Additionally, it kept all the settings just like I had them before, no need to refigure everything like you do when clearing the cache!
Hope this helps someone

Doing this will unfreeze everything you may have froze with Titanium

Mohamed A Rahman

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: unfortunately touchwiz home has stopped (S4,S3, S3Mini)

Thank you for your help. It worked, but if I may add, I force stopped the TouchWiz Home and the problem was over. Hope it works for all those who have the same problem.

Jackd0re

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Samsung update tonight on my S3 gave me this wonderful issue (Thanks Samsung! :mad: )
- Reset app preferences: didn't work
- Clear Data for Touchwiz Home (via Applications Manager): worked until I put the 4x4 Calendar widget back into one of my pages; issue returned.
- Switch to Easy Mode: as per Clear Data above.

Now even if I try to switch back to Basic Mode, phone still borked (I assume because both modes now have 4x4 calendar widget).

So, looks like Clear Data again for me and no more 4x4 Calendar widget. Peeved as I use it for work almost every day.

Oh, and once again ... Thanks Samsung! :mad:

dviouschik

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hope this helps someone

dviouschik

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanx!!
I tried this after trying a few other things that didnt work & now I am not getting "the msg". My pages arent reloading to the previous ones and I can do I can open multiple apps @ once.
#no#more#frustrations#

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
i keep getting this annoying msg everyday !!
if i try to edit a page on my app drawer or whatever it just appears every single time !!!

i tried different launcher btw (Nova) and i still ge tthe same msg !!

I'm definitely not a techy person, but I seem to have fixed the issue by downloading a new launch app for s5 from play store. I wasn't able to navigate any app on my home screen without "unfortunately Touch Wiz home has stopped working" popping up then I'd go to a black screen. Had tried other suggestions without going to the extreme of a factory reset! So far seems to have fixed with any problems! I lost a little bit of fluidity but No New Phone. I have an s4. Hope this helps someone!

Monika_with_a_k

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm having this issue and I tried clearing the cache, going to easy mode, soft reset, reset app preferences now not only do I have the touch wiz issue the home screen wont come out of easy mode!! So I'm worse off than where I started and after resetting it went back to the apps on the home screen that it came with.
Grrrr, anyone got any ideas?

Stephen Todd2

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi there.
I am tech savvy and tried every possible fix posted about this problem and nothing even improved the error from returning.
The only fix I didn't try was rooting the tablet.
I have a Samsung Tab2 running android 4.1.2
I factory reset the tablet and the problem has disappeared.
You will have to set up your Samsung account(s) again and reinstall your apps etc.
Sorry for the bad news.
I have not had this issue with either my S4, Tab 10.1 (android 4.4.2) or the new S6 edge (android 5.2).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar