Mass storage

Sonkido

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Is there any news in sight about adding a mass storage option to 4.1? I've recently upgraded and I mass my dear old mass stage... :(

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Google has specifically stated they do not want to use mass storage. I doubt they are going to change their minds.

Sonkido

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Oh that's one major downer about upgrading Android... I have gotten pretty attached to mass storag, I'm the type that keeps quicklaunch in Windows 7 rather than pinning programs... I can live with not being able to add Twitter to my contacts, but I'm pretty disappointed about mass storage... so there isn't a glimmer of hope?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Mass Storage availability may vary with device and ROM, but ROMs such as CyanogenMod and a few others running on JB 4.1.x are detected by Windows as a portable device, not a USB Mass Storage device. (CM doesn't attach the phone as a Mass Storage device, regardless of the OS version of Android it's running. AOKP, SlimBean, and ParanoidAndroid attach the device as a Mass Storage device however.) Samsung handsets use Mass Storage on stock TouchWiz, to Google's dismay. (Big Sammy STILL refuses to put on-screen navbar buttons on their smartphones)

I'll never get the deal with OEM's trying to differentiate their phones significantly, resulting in the pollution of Android's overall experience.

Posted via Android Central App

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Defo depends on device. My Chinese 7inch tab on 4.1.1 gives me options under Settings/Storage for USB connection mode - 3 options MTP, PTP or Mass Storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463