Galaxy S2 "Battery Disconnected" after update

robertwagstaff

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Since updating to Jelly Bean today on my Samsung Galaxy S2, every time I plug in the battery charger, about 7 seconds later it stops charging and an error message pops up reading "Battery Disconnected". Not only can I not charge the phone, but it's down to about 3% battery.

Can anyone help?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Since updating to Jelly Bean today on my Samsung Galaxy S2, every time I plug in the battery charger, about 7 seconds later it stops charging and an error message pops up reading "Battery Disconnected". Not only can I not charge the phone, but it's down to about 3% battery.

Can anyone help?

Try factory resetting the phone, since you've just recently updated your handset. If that fails, it may be a problem with the charger (USB cable or box), the phone's MicroUSB port or the gold connectors of the battery.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Can anyone help?

Welcome to the forums. I would suggest a clearing of the phones cache in recovery first.

ibrahim_alnajjar

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi

are you using an external battery charger? cause with that you might actually bend the plastic that devides the batter connector into 4 slots, you know the golden connector on the corner of the batter. make sure that those deviders are not guiding the connectors wrongly.

im using spare batteries that i charge with an external charger and this is what i noticed. so im not sure if its update related issuee

samsung galaxy s2

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. After I updated my SSGSII firmware all seems ok. When I charge it using usb wall charger because battery low at 37%, it charged. But when I plug my usb charger to PC it prompts me "battery disconnected" and it's not charging,. I can't take any risk in selecting any of those options in recovery system without knowing any good results.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. After I updated my SSGSII firmware all seems ok. When I charge it using usb wall charger because battery low at 37%, it charged. But when I plug my usb charger to PC it prompts me "battery disconnected" and it's not charging,. I can't take any risk in selecting any of those options in recovery system without knowing any good results.

Your PC's USB ports may not have enough voltage going through to charge the handset.

Posted via Android Central App

gs2usertbush

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
"Your PC's USB ports may not have enough voltage going through to charge the handset."

I just got a new replacement phone for a faulty on/off switch on my old phone. Computer chearged the old phone fine, but won't charge this new one. It has Jelly Bean on the new one.

lostinut

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me today for the first time after installing jelly bean. I was able to remove the SIM card and re-insert it to get my galaxy s2 to charge again.

Xtrattitude4u

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
No, do not factory reset your phone. This is a hardware problem, not software.
This problem is an intermittent connection between the battery and the phone.
Take the battery out and clean the gold contacts on the battery and phone with Rubbing Alcohol and a Q-tip.
Be very careful not to get the Damage-Proof sticker wet inside the phone.
I just had this problem today and this fix alone solved it.:D

The contacts will get slightly corroded over time, and cleaning it off is the only solution.
You may want to try the same thing on your SIM card or Memory card if they are giving you problems.

surya498

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Remove ur battery, sim card, memory card and wait for 10 min the plug the charger cable to the mobile without battery or sim& SD card press poweron switch for 10 secs then fit the devices start the mobile..... it worked for me.....;) :p

ERICKO FONS

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks very much SURYA498 for the solution of battery disconnecting when changing. just take out the battery, the SD and Sim card. Plug in the charger and press the power switch for 10seconds and you are good to go...

Last edited:

Pnnfnnf

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Remove ur battery, sim card, memory card and wait for 10 min the plug the charger cable to the mobile without battery or sim& SD card press poweron switch for 10 secs then fit the devices start the mobile..... it worked for me.....;) :p

Thanks very much SURYA498 for the solution of battery disconnecting when changing. just take out the battery, the SD and Sim card. Plug in the charger and press the power switch for 10seconds and you are good to go...

it doesn't work for me :'( don't know why. I think I followed all of your step (removed the battery, sim card and sd card ,then plug in the charger for 10 mins. after that put back all the devices and pressed the power switch for 10 secs---- did I miss somethings? :'( :'( )
maybe it's because my problem is not about updating Jelly Bean, but about changing my battery from the old one.
so... what should i do now :'(......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech