CM 10.0.0 not installing (all i get is a factory reset whenever i try)

Flaviu Mogosan

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
So after trying to root my LG Optimus Black (P970) several times with various softwares, i finally manage using unlockroot pro, i verify with a small program and it is in fact rooted. Now I'm trying to install the stable rom released for my phone by Cyanogenmod. So i took the zip file, copied it onto the sd card, then tried to install with Clockworkmod Rom Manager, then Goomanager, then 2 other apps, but everytime the same thing happens: my phone factory resets! It's driving me nuts, what am I doing wrong?
Please please help!
(P.S.: I'm currently running the latest official version of android for the opt.black: 4.0.4)

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
So after trying to root my LG Optimus Black (P970) several times with various softwares, i finally manage using unlockroot pro, i verify with a small program and it is in fact rooted. Now I'm trying to install the stable rom released for my phone by Cyanogenmod. So i took the zip file, copied it onto the sd card, then tried to install with Clockworkmod Rom Manager, then Goomanager, then 2 other apps, but everytime the same thing happens: my phone factory resets! It's driving me nuts, what am I doing wrong?
Please please help!
(P.S.: I'm currently running the latest official version of android for the opt.black: 4.0.4)
Sorry not familiar with your phone but when you get CM 10.1 running I would like to hear how you like it. I have it running on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and like it alot. I upgraded it from 4.0.4 as well and was not much liking the 4.0.4. I am thinking of CM 10.2 which they have out on my Samsung S3. If you could just let us know how you like CM on your phone I would appreciate it. Sorry I could not help you. I hope you get it working soon.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Please please help!

Actually, that factory reset is REQUIRED, as you're moving from a completely different ROM. If you were simply using an older version of CyanogenMod and updating to a later one, there wouldn't be a factory reset.

In short, those apps did you a huge favor, since ROM installations from a recovery don't tell you to factory reset prior to installation. :p

Posted via Android Central App

Strampke

May 27, 2013
Visit site
OK Factory reset is required.
But what next?
After 3 factory resets I'm fed up with factory resets and I just want to install Cyanogen 10.0.0 with Gapps
Selecting Cyanogen 10.0.0 + Gapps leaves us to just one choice: factory reset.
Where's the menu item indicating: Installing your new Cyanogen ROM?
What did we miss?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
OK Factory reset is required.
But what next?
After 3 factory resets I'm fed up with factory resets and I just want to install Cyanogen 10.0.0 with Gapps
Selecting Cyanogen 10.0.0 + Gapps leaves us to just one choice: factory reset.
Where's the menu item indicating: Installing your new Cyanogen ROM?
What did we miss?

Are you installing the ROM through apps such as ROM Manager? It's sort of a hit-or-miss with this method. Flashing via a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP is the way to go.

Posted via Android Central App

Strampke

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Just found out something. Being halfway now.
To get P970 into recovery mode you need to flash V20-cwm.
After that it goes in the right reboot and the menu is displayed.
At this moment I have 10.0.0 installed, but it won't boot properly.
It stalls at the nice blue rotating CyanogenMod display.

So I tried V10-CWM and YES it boots!
Next step: downloading ClockworkMod and install CWM 10.0.0

Advice appreciated, continuing finding out how.

Last edited: