Contact with only email address not going silent

Fetter

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm a new S3 owner coming from an LG Marquee.

In my contacts i have some contacts with just an e-mail address listed in them. This is for work related things that send out pages to my texting number.

On my old phone I had one of these set to silent as I didn't need to hear it come in I just needed to see it to keep up to date on where it was when it sent out the page. It wouldn't make a noise on my old phone.

Now on the S3 setting that contact to Silent doesn't do anything. It still plays the default SMS notification sound no matter what.

Has anyone else run into this or know how to fix it? I installed to Go SMS Pro to make up for some weak spots in the stock messenger. Trying to set the indivual alert for a contact doesn't work as it only lists contacts with phone numbers in that setting window.

Fetter

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
So I switched from GO SMS to Handcent (which I always used on my old phone) and switching tones works now.

I should've stayed with what I knew! haha

Fetter

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey look at that... this contact is still going through as not silent. I have it set as silent in both Handcent and in the contact itself.

Can anyone help me??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital