SD card woes !

deeflet

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

I have a Zenithink C93 tablet running Android 4.1. After some teething problems that necessitated flashing the ROM all has been going well ....... until last night!

I was aware that the battery was getting low but kept using the tablet until it died. I've done this on the odd occasion before with no ill effects. Having rebooted the unit after recharging however the SD card has gone pear shaped. Everything on it has gone and whilst it appears to be mounted, applications that make use of it, SwiftKey for instance, can't seem to see it. The same is true when trying to download anything.

As an experiment I reformatted it on a PC using SDformatter and then copied a video file to it. Windows sees and plays the file just fine and when I put it in the tablet I can browse to it and play it. So my tablet can see the SD card in some circumstances but not others.

I have searched high and low for solutions but noone seems to have quite the same issues.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers - David

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
can you try another sd card in the tablet? the pc not a good test on android. android had a service that catalogs the files you have and it might have become corrupted. if it sees different sd card it will not look at the old catalog. the catalog can easily be rebuilt but i would have to look it up.

deeflet

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your interest.

I've tried two other SD cards, a 1G & 8G, and both have the same result.

Your idea about the index file sounds interesting. Can you provide any more details?

Cheers - David

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay