Storage space missing !

KashifB

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I created about 80mb space by uninstalling apps about a week ago on my Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) running JellyBean 4.1.2, now it's all gone!

I've used Cache Cleaner+ to clear the caches and also manually went through all apps using the system partition and cleared all caches.

All apps that can be moved to SD have been moved.

There is something consuming my storage space and I don't know what!?

I calculated all my apps only use (including Android System) around 550mb on the system partition and I only have 200mb space free now. Where is the rest of it?

This is not the first time I've lost all the space I've created by uninstalling apps. I created around 100mb about a month ago and the same thing happened, I lost it all and I don't know where.

This has become a problem only after the update from ICS to JB.

Please help if you know what's going on.

Thanks

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
relax. that is normal. 200 megs is fine. i would think that is ram.

your phone had 16gigs minus the used space for storage and 1 gig of ram. if it really brothers you the s4 has 2gig of ram you could trade up.

KashifB

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I have done a factory reset and gained around 1.7GB. The problem I had was there was a lot of junk in the system partition after updating from Gingerbread to ICS and then to Jelly Bean. Resetting to a fresh copy of Jelly Bean sorted my problem.

Timothy Wong

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Having same problem do factory reset . But the issue return where storage space again run low again, it happen again :'( . I can be factory reset my phone all the time :mad: . Considering downgrade back to ICS or Just root it all together.
I think JB having storage leakage issue not sure if andriod/samsung will even care to resolve....
Screenshot_2013-10-07-11-30-38.png

Last edited:

KashifB

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Try uninstalling updates for the apps which you cannot move to the SD card and which you don't use. This will free up some space.

You can even disable those apps so they don't appear in your apps list.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11