Can't play .wav voicemail messages after upgrading to Jelly Bean

JonWPI

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded my Galaxy SII from Gingerbread to Jelly Bean. Now I can no longer play .wav file attachements in emails. (these .wav files are voicemails emailed to me from our office phone system)

In Gingerbread I had to use an app to play them, but they were playable. Now in Jelly Bean I've tried several apps, but still I can't play the attachments from inside the email. I can play .wav files using these apps (I have some old voicemails that were downloaded to my phone from before) but the problem is I can't play them directly from my email. I also can't save the .wav file in order to play them from outside my email.

It seems like the default Android "Music Player" app always has to try to play the files instead of allowing me to select a third party app. I've tried clearing the default application settings ("Reset app preferences") but that didn't make a difference.

Below is a screen shot showing the never ending "loading" bar and the "Music Player" icon.

How to I tell my phone to use an app to play these .wav files instead of "Music Player"?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy