MMS problems (n00b)

ycc

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I apologize this is not a pure Android question, but I think the relevant knowledge can be found here.

I tried sending MMS to a friend. I got the message "can not send".
I then tried sending to myself. I first got the same message "can not send".

I then activated MMS (had missed that) by sending a code to the telecom provider. I got a response that MMS had been activated and I restarted device.
I then sent MMS to myself. This time I got the reply "MMS not supported by network." and "server response error". I think that is wrong. I use Swedish telecom "TeliaSonera" and since I can active MMS I am sure it should be there.

I received an MMS (before I activated MMS) and it was received as an Internet link I could visit.

What should I do to be able to send and receive MMS? (I use Galaxy note 2, latest update. To send long SMS I use Handcent as a quick fix since it can be set not to convert to MMS, the stock messaging pgm will ALWAYS convert long SMS to MMS!)

Thanks

ycc

These are the settings indicated by Swedish Telecom (Telia) on their webpage, I don't know if that helps?
Namn: Telia MMS
APN: mms.telia.se
user: mms
pwd: telia
MMSC: http://mmss/
MMS-proxy: 193.209.134.132
MMS-port: 8080 (Fungerar ?ven med Port:80)
MCC: 240
MNC: 01
Verifieringstyp/Autentiseringstyp: PAP
APN-typ: mms
(user/pwd are not secret, just the same for all users)

Last edited:

ycc

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I went to the national telecom shop. They fixed with their computer and "forced an identification between the phone and their computer". My phone was set up correctly. They say the problem was that my phone was not bought in Sweden. (They should say on their webpage that, if your phone is bought abroad, you must go the the telecom shop to make the computer identify it, IMHO. But they don't.)
But now it works.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel