03-24-2016 11:26 PM
31 12
tools
    Funny how each device is a bit different,
    I changed the hostname in dev options but until I did it in terminal it didn't show up also changed with an app but doesn't change whats in dev settings.
    I also had to update busybox and change the install location to have access to this setting.
    01-03-2016 11:29 AM
    Hi glbell62,

Please can you tell me how you modified the dev file using BusyBox.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim
    02-06-2016 10:33 AM
    ok. So. Tab 3 is what I have info on. Go into "settings", under the battery section and "Applications", is "users". What you enter as the user is what will show up as your device's name. For wifi purposes, and Bluetooth purposes, go to the bottom of settings, and tap "about device". There should only be a few things in bold. One of them is "Device Name". There you may also change it, and that will be for Bluetooth and other purposes.
    03-02-2016 07:35 PM
    Hi geegee80,

Thank you for posting your instructions but unfortunately there is no option on the Moto G 4G that I have where you can amend the device name easily which makes me believe that the only is to root the phone and still sussing out without any success.

Regards,

RocknRollTim
    03-05-2016 08:53 AM
    Hi
    I have the same problem and I tried renaming my Android device thru terminal emulator as suggested by you.. So i did the following
    The device was rooted. I verified root access thru root checker. (also it shows # on TE when is type "su". I entered the follg command
    setprop net.hostname JRDROID (INSTEAD OF OLD NAME)
    i verified the name thru getprop
    However after rebooting the device still shows old name such "androidXXXXX".
    Any clues on what I am doing wrong?
    03-24-2016 11:18 PM
    Hi Patrick
    I had same issue and I wanted to rename my Android device thru terminal emulator. So i did the following as suggested by you.
    1) The device was rooted.
    2) Root access was verified thru root checker. (also it shows # on TE when is type "su".
    3) I entered the follg command
    setprop net.hostname JRDROID (INSTEAD OF OLD NAME)
    4) i verified the name thru getprop
    5) I rebooted.
    However after rebooting the device still shows old name such "androidXXXXX".any clues or suggestions
    03-24-2016 11:26 PM
31 12