Galaxy S4 - Keep losing service, but my phone is "up to date"

Remag

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey there,

So basically, at least once a day, my phone will completely lose service and it will remain lost until i either turn flight mode on and off again so it sort of refreshes the connection, or rebooting my phone. It is highly annoying because It is important for my business that my phone is working at all times so i can receive calls, which i get regularly.

Samsung Kies is telling me my firmware is up to date (its a sim free unlocked S4). Now...I'm pretty sure this isn't the latest firmware update because i'm getting still getting that sort of purple...ink spill type thing when scrolling through menus etc which was supposedly fixed with one of the latest updates.

The firmware version atm is: PDA:MDM / PHONE:MDM / CSC/MDB (BTU). I'm from the UK btw.

Does anyone know why I'm unable to get the latest update which apparently fixes most of these problems?

Regards,

Remag

Niki40

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Just purchased this phone yesterday and dropped calls, had to reboot all day. I too need this for business. I am thinking about taking it back and getting something different. I had an HTC Amaze, although it had it's issues, I always had 4G service at my home office. Very frustrated!