Nexus 4 Microphone not working in normal mode but working in speaker mode.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've just purchased a new Nexus 4, and when I tried to call from it, the other side can not hear my voice.
However, if I turn on the loudspeaker the mic works fine.
The voice is too low to hear when used in normal mode.

So, the probably the hardware is fine because the same mic works fine when used in loudspeaker mode.

Also, sometimes the Bluetooth doesn't turn on, but turns on if the phone is restarted.

I've not installed anything, not changed anything, its a brand new device.
I've tried starting in Safe mode, it doesn't help.

The phone is running on Android 4.2.2.
Kernel version is 3.4.0-perf-gd772eb2
Build no JDQ39E

Looking forward for a positive reply.

Thanks,
Ravdeep

sduccio

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem: the only one way to make a call consists in speaking straight on the mic. I thing that lg has totally mistaken the kind of mic. It is non a bug or a flaw. The worst situation happens when you put the device into a bumper to protect it: the mic gets isolated and to speak you must point your mouth straight to the mic detaching the ear from the loudspeaker

Last edited:

nano_8590

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
That didn't work for me..

I have the same issue.. The microphone works in loudspeaker mode during call.. But doesn't work normally..

nithinneel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. I just did a factory reset and it works fine now. Ensure you copy your contacts, photos, videos and songs before you do the reset. Hope this helps :)

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem, and I had to download an app from play store called soundabout which managed to convince my phone that there was no headset plugged in (which the dumb phone had been misinterpreting due to some fault) and you have an option where you can ask the app to divert the audio to earpiece and it has started working again as usual. Fingers crossed, so far. I saw this on youtube, btw. I think you should try this, and see if it works. the factory reset did not help, so don't bother doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a similar problem, and I had to download an app from play store called soundabout which managed to convince my phone that there was no headset plugged in (which the dumb phone had been misinterpreting due to some fault) and you have an option where you can ask the app to divert the audio to earpiece and it has started working again as usual. Fingers crossed, so far. I saw this on youtube, btw. I think you should try this, and see if it works.

kenatsun

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. The Soundabout app didn't fix it. Nor did cleaning dust out of out the little hole in the case where the mic lives, which somebody suggested. Nor did a factory reboot. I'm pretty sure I have a defective mic.