Here's my story. I have gone from a Samsung Rant (feature phone) to a Motorola Photon Q 4G (smart phone). I was pretty excited about it until I realized that the good ole times of buggy or limited software were about to start. I paid for the Sprint Wireless Backup service, which wirelessly syncs up your phones contacts so that you can download them later on to a new phone. Well, the short story is that Sprint doesn't tell you that this service is not transferrable from/to any phone. So for months I paid for nothing, or so I thought till I logged int the Sprint web site and was able to download all of my contacts in a csv file.

This csv file contains ALL of my contacts. I have it physically on the micro-SD card in my new Photon. I DO NOT WANT TO SYNC MY CONTACTS TO GOOGLE. There has to be some kind of way to do this directly in the palm of my hand DIY all me without the use of some d___ cloud service. All the time and money we as consumers spend on these devices and these companies continue to try to own us.

I experimented with 2 apps that many others claim to be able to use to import a CSV to contacts and when I go to use those apps, both apps claim to have access to the SD card in their permissions, but neither card can find ANY CSV file on the SD card, while its very apparent that it is there from the android file browser.

I would love to be able to just simply import the d___ CSV file to build my contacts listing. I refuse to use cloud services and I refuse to bring it to the Sprint store. This is completely ridiculous. How can I get this done myself with my own phone and my own hands?

FYI - I don't even care if its CSV or not. It can be some other file format, as long as I'm able to do it myself.

ANYONE have some magic on this?
    06-28-2013 09:20 AM
    Turn off Google sync in the settings under the sync tab (circle with arrows following each other).

Most Android phones I've experienced only recognize vCard files. This tutorial will help you convert your CSV file to a vCard file on the computer: How to Import a CSV File to a vCard | eHow

After you have sucessfully converted, go to your people/contacts icon, press the menu button, and select import contacts from vCard. I t will scan your external SD for vCard files.

(Edit: Only do step 1-5 to convert the file)
    06-28-2013 10:44 AM